Dan Margolis 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

What are you doing this weekend? Wishing you had someone to watch the sunrise with? Someone who can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about ostriches? Someone who appreciates the Notebook? Someone who hates cheese? On the off chance you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Dan Margolis is perfect for you. He claims to be terrible at first impressions, but with those good looks and that sense of humor, who wouldn’t like this campus cutie right away?

Name: Dan Margolis

Hometown: Allentown, PA

Major: Physics

On-Campus Activities: Sigma Chi, PLTL Leader, Freshman Academic Advisor

Favorite place on campus? Can it be off campus? Because I like the top of Art Hill. And it has to be at sunrise.

Why? Have you ever been there? It’s pretty self explanatory…It’s a sunrise. Over a mountain. With fountains.

Favorite animal? Ostriches! Stupid question. I did a report on them in 6th grade and they’re the fastest birds and they lay the biggest eggs and they’re frightening to most people, but I feel like I understand them.

Least favorite animal? Ostriches. Have you ever seen an angry ostrich? Like I said, they’re the fastest birds and they lay giant eggs. It’s a double-edged sword.

What did you want to be when you grew up? Billy Mayes

Who? The guy who sells OxiClean and yells things. I don’t think I have the facial hair for it….but he always seemed so happy.

Didn’t he die…? Yeah…too soon?!

What qualities do you like in a girl?  Looks wise, I need a very specific height interval. I don’t know how that’s not the first thing you notice. So if we’re within 5’1” to 5’7” we’re good.

Personality wise? I think the most important thing is to be passionate about something.

Blondes or brunettes? Blondes

Celebrity crush? I’m not attracted to her…but I love Betty White. She’s such a loveable person. Okay, you don’t have to say that I’m not attracted to her because I probably am on some level.

Secret talents? I played the clarinet from 4th to 7th grade. I was 1st chair! Okay, I was actually 2nd chair.

Favorite type of music? It depends on context…when I study, I’m a sucker for Chopin. And when I go clubbing too. Except I prefer his nocturnes when I study and his preludes when I go out.

Favorite chick flick? It’s just cliché…

The Notebook? Yeah! I sat down and watched it with my best guy friend because we both figured it was something we had to do at some point…and we both cried. Most people watch that movie to get girls, but we just wanted to understand…

Are you a picky eater? Yeah. I don’t like cheese.

Interesting. Is there a story behind that? When I was in kindergarten, we went to a cheese factory. They thought it would be fun to make me eat goat cheese…and I threw up in front of everyone.

Who made you do that? Your friends? No, it was my teacher! That was the worst part! And it’s been all downhill from there.