Corey Cantor 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Affectionately called Cor Cor (and sometimes even Cuddles!) by his close friends and family, sophomore Corey Cantor is this weeks Campus Cutie. Ladies, he might hail from New Jersey, but he’s quick to say that he isn’t from “the Shore.” A self-described man of both the musical notes and the written word, Corey’s a budding musician and writer. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the next subject of his songs and stories!

Hometown: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Major: Political Science and English
Relationship Status: Enjoying the single life!
Campus Involvement: VP of external operations for ZBT, Uncle Joe’s, LK President
Hobbies and Interests: Guitar, singing, music, political awareness, writing, poetry, fiction. 

1. I hear you’re quite the musician. What are you currently working on?

Right now, 8 or 9 songs that are relatively simplistic. Ideally I’d like to add a drum and bass portion to both. Hopefully I can play at a few coffee shops in the near future.

1. What did you do for Spring Break?

I went to Florida with the family. We just hung out at the beach and relaxed. 

1. How far do you live from the Jersey shore?

This is such a common misconception! I only live two hours away from the Jersey Shore. NJ is not filled with guido or guidettes. I’ve been the recipient of so many Jersey Shore jokes and I just want to tell the haters that the Jersey Shore isn’t all that bad! 

1. You’re sporting some scruff– isn’t “no shave November” four months over by now?

I think that guys should be allowed to sport a little bit of scruff, ok?! November was a long time ago, man, but we’re in college and I got to show off the manly side. 

1. Favorite BD late night meal?

Hot cocoa.

1. That’s a meal? Pretty sure it’s a hot drink!

Me and my three suitemates are really close and we got out for hot chocolate on many occasions, actually.

1. Best annual Wash U party/event?

It’s a tie between ZBTahiti (on March 31!) and ZBT 70s party. They are different experiences from your typical Wash U party in so many ways. They’re unique events because they get people off campus. Plus there’s sand at ZBTahiti! How many parties have sand? Not many — shout out to Matt Schweiger for coordinating the sand! 

1. What’s the most creative thing you’ve done to win over a girl:

Just telling someone how you feel about them and your true feelings. A lot of people just want to play games and just mess around but getting to the point is just a big deal. Senior year of high school I wanted to do something creative to ask this girl to prom. Before senior prom, there was a fundraising dance with a raffle, and I got on stage for a certain prize, and said the winner is Michelle – and then I said your prize is going to prom with me! This was in front of fifty or sixty people and it was quite the experience.

1. What does it take to get your digits?

Solid conversation and a good personality. 

1.  If you were stranded in the Ozarks, what three essentials would you bring?  

My guitar, some Caesar salad, and my phone so I can get un-stranded!

1. You’re given a check for 5 million dollars. What do you do?:

I’d donate a significant portion to some charities first. Then I’d buy a boat and learn how to use it. I’d write poetry about the sea and visit different cities and go to South America and Europe. 

1.  Pick one — Borat or Bruno –and why:

Borat because Bruno is disgusting. Borat has the right type of humor that appeals to people.