Clayton’s Newest Salad Place

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Disappointed by Crushed Red’s salads, I was more than excited to hear about Wicked Greenz coming to a place near campus! So last weekend I tried it out to see if it would live up to my hopes. Having a Sweetgreen in my hometown Boston really set the bar high. When we got there the place was virtually empty; Granted, it was a cold saturday night so I understand if people would rather be eating a warm pizza than a salad. However, this meant no lines to order and quick service. There is a huge list of salads to choose from, and it was honestly a hard choice. After deciphering through their 10 salads and 8 different choices for protein, I ordered the Harvest Bowl with herb roasted chicken. You also have the choice of getting any salad rolled into a wrap. Or if you are in the mood for something warm no a winter night, they offer 5 different soups and one seasonal one. With so many options it is easy to find something everyone will like.

The ambiance of the place is nice. I can see how it would be a lot more opening and inviting in the summer months because of the big glass windows and not exactly “cozy” vibe. However, it was clean and had a nice aesthetic. The tables are wood and there is lots of greenery.

The actual salad was great. It was a very nice change of pace from my usual Paws & Go salad. It was a good size and came out quickly. My only complaint was that the menu said it came with kale, but in reality it was more of a 20% kale 80% iceberg lettuce mix. The chicken was warm, the sweet potatoes and pecans were delicious, and I was very happy to finally have goat cheese.

If you are looking for a yummy salad place to replace the one you are missing back home, check out Wicked Greenz!

Photos via Yelp.comRiverFrontTimes.com, and Laura Palacino.

Izzy Coffman is a freshmen in the School of Arts and Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. Her favorite things include food instagrams, anything pale pink, and Facetime. 
Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!