Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Celebrities

Jordan Cohen-Kaplan (2018)

By Rachel Shaiman
October 20, 2014 - 10:50pm

It’s a bird... it’s a plane.. it’s this week’s Campus Celeb! Not only has he already declared a major and a minor (woah, he’s only a freshman) but he also finds time to take flying lessons in St. Louis. Keep reading to learn more about Wash U’s coolest (only?) freshman with a sport’s license in flying.  Year: Freshman Major: Political Science Minor: Finance Hometown: Newton, Massachusetts READ MORE

Ishi Metkar (2016)

By Sara Bower
September 28, 2014 - 9:48pm

Ever find yourself wondering what freshman year was like for other students? Well, junior Ishi Metkar is here to show you just that. She’s taken on an ambitious new project, following the lives of six freshmen as they navigate the murky waters of their first year at Wash U. If you thought there was nothing more to learn about freshman year, think again. We can’t wait to see what Ishi’s documentary will uncover. READ MORE

Jordan Finkelstein (2016)

By Becca Manning
September 20, 2014 - 1:15pm

With the recent announcement of the Fall WILD artist, some of you may be curious about who actually picks these performers and puts together our phenomenal WILD concerts.  Meet one of the main men behind it all, Jordan Finkelstein.  Besides being notorious for his sassy humor and wit, Jordan is currently the president of Social Programming Board (SPB), the student organization that plans WILD, Gargoyle concerts, comedy shows, and numerous other events around campus. Basically, he’s kind of a big deal. Year: Junior READ MORE

Nikki Freihofer and Katie Calder (2016)

By Sydney Davis
September 5, 2014 - 2:50pm

Let's say you’re searching for an easy cookie recipe to apologize to your roommate for accidentally dropping their phone down a flight of stairs. Or maybe you need to find restaurant reviews to help you make the perfect reservations for parent’s weekend. OR, is it drool-worthy food porn that your heart desires? Say hello to Spoon University, an online magazine built for newbie chefs, foodies, and everyone in between. Oh, and your ultimate guide to everything delicious or just generally edible. Juniors Nikki Freihofer and Katie Calder established one of Spoon University's first chapters here at Wash U just about a year ago and are determined to keep on truckin' until "Spoon" is the name on everyone's lips....

Charlotte Gordon (2016)

By Kiki Somers
May 1, 2014 - 12:30pm

For those of you who don’t already know this fashionable blonde bombshell, learn fast. As if she wasn’t already famous enough, Charlotte Gordon recently began selling her chic jewelry via Instagram and it’s been a huge hit – girls all over WUSTL are pining for her next piece to debut. Name: Charlotte Gordon Hometown: Los Angeles, CA Year: Sophomore Major: Psychology Minor: Communication Design Company Instagram: charlottegordonjewelry   READ MORE

JJ Lin (2016)

By Gabi Stone
April 18, 2014 - 4:07pm

With WILD now less than a week away, it’s important to remember that Wash U’s most famous concert doesn’t come together by itself! That’s where JJ Linn comes in. As the Social Programming Board’s WILD Director, he’s in charge of making sure your WILD is, well, wild. Name: JJ Linn Year: Sophomore Major: Economics and Finance Double Major READ MORE

Maddie Welsh (2016)

By Becca Manning
March 30, 2014 - 11:40pm

Meet this week’s campus celeb, Maddie Welsh.  Just last week, she and her two teammates won the Clinton Global Initiative University Commitments Challenge in Arizona. She hopes that with their team’s idea, they can create a texting service that will help family members reconnect after a disaster. Basically, Maddie’s a rock star who is going to change the world. Read on to learn about her and her amazing work! Name: Maddie Welsh Year: Sophomore Major: International and Area Studies READ MORE

Henna Mishra (2015)

By Jessica Hyman
March 8, 2014 - 6:19pm

Some people are just famous for being famous. Henna Mishra is kinda like that. Complete with Cali swag, this Indian chick has graced WashU with her presence and valuable social skills. While she throws a good party, Henna is also serious about her studies and can be found in the B-School where she studies marketing or the Psych Building. I may be biased, having been her roommate for all of college, but you should definitely get to know this girl if you haven't already. Or just follow her on Twitter @henhau5. Name: Henna Mishra. READ MORE

Ramona Durham (2017)

By Becca Manning
February 28, 2014 - 12:03pm

Meet Ramona Durham, campus sweetheart and freshman local celebrity.  When she’s not working furiously in the library, you can find her at one of the seven extracurriculars she’s involved in or just hanging out with her friends in BD.  She’s probably friended you on Facebook and may say hi to you even if you’ve never met.  Despite being BME and belonging to every possible club, Ramona still seems to have the college social life down to a t.  Read on to hear about this week’s campus celebrity Ramona. Name: Ramona Durham READ MORE

Lizzie McIvor (2017)

By meghangunn
February 22, 2014 - 8:42pm

This week's campus celeb goes to Reflections, an organization that raises awareness about body image and encourages healthy behavior for the entire student body. The group recently held "eating disorder awareness week;" you might have seen the photos on Facebook of students holding "love your body" signs over their naked bods...freshman photo shoot participant Lizzie McIvor fills us in on the what and why of their most recent project. READ MORE