Campus Style: Lillian Wang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Name: Lillian Wang
Home Town: San Diego, CA
Class of: 2015

AH: What are you currently wearing?
LW: My romper and earrings are from Forever 21, and then the shoes, the vest, and the belt are all thrifted. The yin-yang bracelet I got at a boutique in San Diego, and the other one I made at the African night in the Gargoyle at the beginning of the year. I got the ring from a cruise in Alaska, and my mom gave me the watch.

AH: What’s something you wear every day?
LW: I used to wear this ring daily, and I tried to wear the bracelet I made every day, but it didn’t always work.

AH: How would you describe your style?
LW: I’ve heard a lot of things from different people; I’ve heard ‘eclectic,’ I’ve heard ‘boho-chic,’ and I’ve heard ‘comfy’ (I wear a lot of sweaters). The one thing my friends always tell me is that I never follow seasons. I don’t believe in seasons! I’m from San Diego, so that’s pretty much one season anyway.

AH: Is there any place, person, or experience from your life that you draw inspiration from?
LW: I go on Tumblr a lot, and I used to follow some look books and have a Chictopia, but I don’t really anymore. I don’t follow anything religiously.

AH: Has your style changed a lot since you’ve been at college?
LW: It’s probably less high-maintenance, because if I’m only going to class for two hours, I’m not going to put together high-waisted shorts and tuck everything in. But on the days I have longer classes, I’ll look cuter because I know more people will see me!

AH: What does style mean to you?
LW: I’m pretty sure I’m just reaffirming what everyone else has said, but I definitely think style reflects your mood and changes how you feel as well. If you’re feeling happy and wearing something cute, you automatically feel way more confident. It just shows off your personality and how you’re feeling.