Campus Style: Katherine Spahr

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Name: Katherine Spahr
Home Town: Winchester, MA
Class of: 2014

AH: What are you currently wearing?
KS: I’m wearing a top from a thrift store, a skirt from LC, Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s, a pair of Jean & David sandals, a Michael Kors watch, and my personal collection of charms on my necklace.

AH: Is there anything you wear every day?
KS: I wear my charm necklace pretty much every day – it has a cartouche, a Holy Spirit, and a number one.

AH: Did you collect them or buy them?
KS: Most of them are my grandmother’s charms. She gave me her charm bracelet and every so often I’ll switch them around, but for the most part I wear these three. She has a jade Buddha that I really like, and there are a few other ones that she has. They’re old school charms, and they’re a lot cooler than some of today’s ones.

AH: How would you describe your style?
KS: This is hard because my style changes a lot, on a day-to-day basis, depending how I feel. But for the most part, I’m pretty much a classic trendy person. I like a lot of basic stuff, but occasionally I’ll throw in something a little crazy.

AH: Where do you like to shop?
KS: I love Madewell, and Zara, for all my guilty pleasures and trends that I don’t want to spend lots of money on. I like a lot of small boutique-y places, and thrift stores always have cool stuff.

AH: Do you have any style inspirations?
KS: I love style blogs in general; I get a lot of inspiration from that. Olivia Palermo – I love her style; she’s addicting, the way she mixes prints and patterns. But a lot of it is really just online style blogs and pictures from there. I also love ELLE Magazine.

AH: What does style mean to you?
KS: Style is a personal expression in a way, but it’s the way you present yourself to the world. It’s what you feel most comfortable wearing and how you want to channel yourself into your clothing and how you want to be perceived. But I think, for the most part, style is different for everyone; each person channels it in their own way.