Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Blog

4 Ways to Stay in Touch This Summer

By emilygraceerani
May 9, 2014 - 5:50pm

School is coming to an end and all of us are excited for the summer! With everyone adjusting to their new summer schedules and spending lots of time with their friends from home, it is easy to forget about making an effort to keep in touch with your college friends. Here are four easy ways to make sure you stay in touch. READ MORE

5 Summer Snacks for the Perfect Beach Day

By Chloe Baker
May 9, 2014 - 12:09pm

Throughout hours at Olin trying to avoid studying at all costs, lying out on a sandy beach with the sun beaming on your face was a daydream to hold onto. Now that the hell we call finals week has finally ended and we’ve packed up our rooms, this dream can finally turn into a reality. Even better than basking in the sun on the beach is basking on the beach with a snack in hand. Here are some of the best beach snacks for this summer. READ MORE

20 Things to Smile About (In No Particular Order)

By Sydney Davis
May 2, 2014 - 1:44pm

Final exams can be incredibly demanding and time-consuming, but it’s important to remember all the great things in life, especially the simple pleasures. My hope is that you come across at least one of these things in the next week to help ease your stress! Good luck everyone, especially with #20! READ MORE

5 Ways to Spice Up Your STL Summer

By Jessica Hyman
May 1, 2014 - 7:06pm

Yes, we do live in St. Louis for the majority of the year, but how many times have you actually followed through with your plans to explore the city? If you’re staying here for a summer internship, job, or research position you’ll finally have some of that free time we all desire throughout the year. Put it to good use by crossing off some of your St. Louis bucket list items and adding some new experiences to your college career.  Although we all love a good night out at Three Kings or the Goji Bowl at Seoul Taco, the city has more to bring us than just the Delmar loop. Here are some ways to spice up your summer through some new music, good eats, and summer vibes. READ MORE

6 Irritating Female Struggles (and How to Fix Them)

By Sydney Davis
April 26, 2014 - 10:25pm

This article may or may not be the definition of “first world problems,” but I guarantee that every girl reading this can relate to at least two of these daily struggles. Everyone has her own unique pet peeve that drives her absolutely crazy, but I think that these six parts of being a girl begin to cover the boundaries we must overcome each and every day. To go along with this very organized rant is a set of solutions that can bring us closer to conquering these problems like it ain’t no thang. READ MORE

6 Ways to Clear Your Mind for Finals

By Sydney Davis
April 18, 2014 - 4:43pm

Finals period seems to take over college students’ lives, making it difficult for us to think about anything else. While studying for hours and hours on end may seem like the best way to go, it’s both healthy and productive for students to take breaks to clear their minds and do something that they enjoy. Here are seven ways to clear your mind and take it easy amidst those brutal study marathons. READ MORE

9 Things You Learn from Being Abroad in London

By Sydney Davis
March 22, 2014 - 8:23pm

So, you’re going abroad to London and you’re like oh, I got this. The city is huge and full of life, the public transportation is great (Harrods is just a tube ride away) and of course, these people speak ENGLISH. While all these things are true, it is near impossible to anticipate the [quite amusing] challenges that you will come across when studying in the UK. From adjusting to seeing meat-flavored potato chips on the shelves (or as they call them in England, crisps), to crying about the exchange rate on a daily basis, you will undoubtedly learn a lot. In particular, there are nine things that I have realized (or realised*) during my time studying abroad in London. READ MORE

The Pros and Cons of Spring Break with your Family

By Gabi Stone
March 8, 2014 - 1:28pm

With midterms wrapping up and campus slowly emptying out, it’s clear that spring break is here. While there’s nothing more exciting than heading home for a week, it’s always important to remember that being home has its advantages and disadvantages. Read on Collegiettes, and see why the grass might be greener on the Danforth Campus: READ MORE

When at Wash U: Sorority Big/Little Week

By Gabi Stone
February 28, 2014 - 12:37pm

FULL DISCLOSURE: Big/Little week had to be one of the most glorious things that has ever happened in my life. If you’re a big, I’m sure it has to be the most stressful week of the year. Somehow, I suppose, those two balance each other out. The way it started for me, for those of you who are not involved in Greek life that I was matched up with a “big.” This mysterious sophomore spent a week showering me with gifts and love and poems and happiness. Every morning, I woke up outside my door to see the most fantastic displays known to man. READ MORE

Your Ultimate Netlfix Guide for Spring Break Entertainment

By Sydney Davis
February 23, 2014 - 9:58am

I don’t know about you, but one of the things I miss most during the chaos known as midterms is free time. Other than running and just hanging out with friends, one of the ways I wind down is with some good ol’ Netflix. I’m always looking for new suggestions for shows, documentaries, movies, or whatever else they’re putting on there these days. That being said, I have put together a list of the best stuff on Netflix, whether you’re spending snowy days at home, killing time in the airport, or just trying to keep yourself entertained. Thriller/Drama READ MORE