This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

This past week and the week to come has been filled with presents, clothes, and way too much food. Anyone who is remotely involved knows the true insanity of the week. The only person who I thought could match this insanity: Donald Trump.

1. The anxiety of ranking

This is way more difficult than you thought it would be. You’ve met so many girls you just have know idea who to choose. As you write and rewrite your rankings, you feel the pressure of having to choose a Big that will hopefully be your best friend for the next three years.

2. The first day of gifts makes you completely rethink your nerves

Looking at all the apparel, food, and love your Big has already given you, you forget completely about whatever you were worried about. All you know is that you’d be so lucky to have whoever baked those insane brownies.

3. Then you start to question the magic…

When did they come? How did they make all of this? How do they know me so well? You really start to question everything, but then you decide you’ll accept the insanity for what it is and enjoy it.

4. How happy your friends get by all the extra food you give them

You finally found people to give all your extra food and they could not be more thankful.

5. But then you get really confused by your Big’s clues

You start to question if this person even goes to your school. Your Big is trying to tell you they’re 5’10” with a size 6 shoe and is in the art school but hasn’t given you any artistic gifts… something’s not adding up.

6. And you start to realize you can’t fit into your favorite pair of jeans anymore

You’re definitely not going to deny the towers of candy and baked goods your Big gave to you, but it’s really not helping you keep off the Freshman Fifteen.

7. But it’s all forgotten when the big reveal finally comes!

You are so excited to finally know who your Big is and thank them for the amazing week they’ve given you. Yes, it has been insane, but you are so grateful to have someone who would do that for you. Now all you can think how you’ll match the insanity for Big/Little week next year!

feature image courtesy of nbcnews

Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.