Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

Spoon University Happy Hour

By Sydney Davis
September 30, 2014 - 2:54pm

Spoon University Wash U is pairing up with SPB and Pickelman's Gourmet Cafe of Clayton to bring you a fun-filled event with lots to eat and drink! Enjoy subs, cookies, pizza and beer (if you're 21+) and learn more about Spoon U. You can RSVP on Facebook by clicking here! Courtesy of yelp.com         Event photo via spoonuniversity.com READ MORE

Ishi Metkar (2016)

By Sara Bower
September 28, 2014 - 9:48pm

Ever find yourself wondering what freshman year was like for other students? Well, junior Ishi Metkar is here to show you just that. She’s taken on an ambitious new project, following the lives of six freshmen as they navigate the murky waters of their first year at Wash U. If you thought there was nothing more to learn about freshman year, think again. We can’t wait to see what Ishi’s documentary will uncover. READ MORE

5 Tips for Nighttime Safety on Campus

By Chloe Baker
September 28, 2014 - 9:35pm

After the recent disappearance of the University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, the issue of staying safe on college campuses, especially as a woman, has been a widely discussed issue. I know I'm not the only one who recieves regular texts from their parents reminding them of the dangers of the world and pleading for them to be cautious in the nighttime. Here are a few crucial, easy tips to follow to make sure you stay safe in the dark. READ MORE

Micah Gordon (2015)

By Sydney Davis
September 28, 2014 - 8:59pm

This week’s Campus Cutie is comfortable enough in his own skin to shake it to the newest T Swift track, watch trashy teen TV, and apparently eat cat food. He came here all the way from the West Coast, even though concerts at the Pageant don’t exactly measure up to those in LA. If you want to have a deep convo, consider aliens as a topic of interest, and maybe bring the first season of 90210 into it to keep him intrigued. Ladies, Micah Gordon is single and ready to mingle, but you better act fast before Arianna Grande steals his heart. READ MORE

7 Definitive Rules for Late-Night Eating

By Lace Nguyen
September 27, 2014 - 10:19pm

1. You shall not judge others in line: It’s often easy to imagine that we’re better than the collective sweat-wearing, stressed-out mass of desperate students waiting in line at the Bear’s Den Grill. We’re not like others, we’re classy and only dabble in sweet, fatty luxury with extended pinky fingers. At the end of the day (literally), we are all the same. The second we put that box of fried food down to feast on various unrecognizable animal parts, we have agreed to forfeit our right to judge.  Photo by Katie Calder (@Tasty_KC) READ MORE

Zack Miller (2017)

By Emily Erani
September 21, 2014 - 12:55pm

This week’s campus cutie is a sophomore hailing from Cleveland, Ohio. Zack Miller is a sweet, charismatic guy who lives to make you laugh. When he is not at the Sigma Chi house, you can find him studying his heart out in the library (second floor cubicles off to the right). Take a second to get to know Zack and I promise you won’t regret it. Major: Finance and Computer Science Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio What is your favorite thing about St. Louis? It's not Cleveland. READ MORE

Trader Joe's Brings Their A Game: 6 Hot New Products

By Sydney Davis
September 21, 2014 - 12:51pm

We all know good old Trader Joe is the man when it comes to ridiculously tasty and inexpensive snacks. As of late, he's been killing it with tons of new additions that almost seem too good to be true. Whether you’re looking for sweet or salty, snacktime or mealtime, try stocking your kitchen with these 6 hot new products: READ MORE

Your First Exam As Told By Lauren Conrad

By Rachel Shaiman
September 21, 2014 - 12:31pm

Jordan Finkelstein (2016)

By Becca Manning
September 20, 2014 - 1:15pm

With the recent announcement of the Fall WILD artist, some of you may be curious about who actually picks these performers and puts together our phenomenal WILD concerts.  Meet one of the main men behind it all, Jordan Finkelstein.  Besides being notorious for his sassy humor and wit, Jordan is currently the president of Social Programming Board (SPB), the student organization that plans WILD, Gargoyle concerts, comedy shows, and numerous other events around campus. Basically, he’s kind of a big deal. Year: Junior READ MORE

5 Things to Do Before Winter Hits

By Gabi Stone
September 19, 2014 - 9:34pm

90 degrees one day, 70 degrees the next, rainy, sunny, and everything in between – St. Louis weather is many things, but consistent is not one of them. But before those sunny, warm days disappear for good, make sure to head outside and check these seasonal to-dos off of your list before it’s too late. 1. Paddle Boating in Forest Park: We all know that Art Hill is the ideal warm weather spot for Wash U students, but just at the bottom of the hill, there is an artificial lake with paddleboats at your disposal. Grab a friend and chill out on the water before rentals stop in October. Click here to learn more! READ MORE