Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

5 of the Biggest Trends for Summer 2014

By Sydney Davis
May 9, 2014 - 6:03pm

Every season, new trends work their way into our wardrobes. Sometimes, we find ourselves wearing pieces that we never expected to come back into style, like high-waisted pants and crop tops. This summer will be no different. Here are five of the biggest trends to look out for this summer. 1. The “pretty-ugly” sandal: Yes people, Birkenstock sandals are actually back in style. I never thought this day would come, or else I wouldn’t have tossed my pair from 2006. From Alexander Wang to Miu Miu, chunky sandals are taking fashionable feet by storm. READ MORE

4 Ways to Stay in Touch This Summer

By emilygraceerani
May 9, 2014 - 5:50pm

School is coming to an end and all of us are excited for the summer! With everyone adjusting to their new summer schedules and spending lots of time with their friends from home, it is easy to forget about making an effort to keep in touch with your college friends. Here are four easy ways to make sure you stay in touch. READ MORE

5 Summer Snacks for the Perfect Beach Day

By Chloe Baker
May 9, 2014 - 12:09pm

Throughout hours at Olin trying to avoid studying at all costs, lying out on a sandy beach with the sun beaming on your face was a daydream to hold onto. Now that the hell we call finals week has finally ended and we’ve packed up our rooms, this dream can finally turn into a reality. Even better than basking in the sun on the beach is basking on the beach with a snack in hand. Here are some of the best beach snacks for this summer. READ MORE

What are you going to miss most about Wash U this summer?

By Sydney Davis

20 Things to Smile About (In No Particular Order)

By Sydney Davis
May 2, 2014 - 1:44pm

Final exams can be incredibly demanding and time-consuming, but it’s important to remember all the great things in life, especially the simple pleasures. My hope is that you come across at least one of these things in the next week to help ease your stress! Good luck everyone, especially with #20! READ MORE

Dan Schuman (2015)

By Victoria Bliss
May 2, 2014 - 1:01pm

Looking for a worldly, outdoorsy future entrepreneur who can juggle? Well too bad, because Dan Schuman is currently studying abroad in Madrid. But don’t worry! He’ll be back in STL in the fall, so you still have a chance to win his heart. Tips for accomplishing this include: talking about birds (eagles = green light, pigeons = red light), serenading him with Childish Gambino, or surprising him with a picnic and/or an army of bobbleheads. You’ll be glad you did because in all seriousness, this week’s campus cutie is quite the catch. READ MORE

Harry's Final Blowout

By Sydney Davis
May 1, 2014 - 7:49pm

I might be in London right now, but word on the streets is Harry's is the move on Friday. Be there. For more information and to RSVP, visit the event's Facebook page. READ MORE

5 Ways to Spice Up Your STL Summer

By Jessica Hyman
May 1, 2014 - 7:06pm

Yes, we do live in St. Louis for the majority of the year, but how many times have you actually followed through with your plans to explore the city? If you’re staying here for a summer internship, job, or research position you’ll finally have some of that free time we all desire throughout the year. Put it to good use by crossing off some of your St. Louis bucket list items and adding some new experiences to your college career.  Although we all love a good night out at Three Kings or the Goji Bowl at Seoul Taco, the city has more to bring us than just the Delmar loop. Here are some ways to spice up your summer through some new music, good eats, and summer vibes. READ MORE

Charlotte Gordon (2016)

By Kiki Somers
May 1, 2014 - 12:30pm

For those of you who don’t already know this fashionable blonde bombshell, learn fast. As if she wasn’t already famous enough, Charlotte Gordon recently began selling her chic jewelry via Instagram and it’s been a huge hit – girls all over WUSTL are pining for her next piece to debut. Name: Charlotte Gordon Hometown: Los Angeles, CA Year: Sophomore Major: Psychology Minor: Communication Design Company Instagram: charlottegordonjewelry   READ MORE

6 Irritating Female Struggles (and How to Fix Them)

By Sydney Davis
April 26, 2014 - 10:25pm

This article may or may not be the definition of “first world problems,” but I guarantee that every girl reading this can relate to at least two of these daily struggles. Everyone has her own unique pet peeve that drives her absolutely crazy, but I think that these six parts of being a girl begin to cover the boundaries we must overcome each and every day. To go along with this very organized rant is a set of solutions that can bring us closer to conquering these problems like it ain’t no thang. READ MORE