Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

6 Ways to Clear Your Mind for Finals

By Sydney Davis
April 18, 2014 - 4:43pm

Finals period seems to take over college students’ lives, making it difficult for us to think about anything else. While studying for hours and hours on end may seem like the best way to go, it’s both healthy and productive for students to take breaks to clear their minds and do something that they enjoy. Here are seven ways to clear your mind and take it easy amidst those brutal study marathons. READ MORE

Top 20 Chick Flicks of All Time

By Kiki Somers
April 18, 2014 - 4:31pm

Sometimes a girls’ movie night is simply a necessity. But the question always remains, what movie should we watch? Well, below is your cheat sheet to the most quotable, memorable, and sassiest chick flicks out there. 1. The Parent Trap (1998) Every girl’s first and most beloved chick flick – a #tbt to when Li-Lo was still innocent and cutting our own bangs seemed like a great idea! 2. Mean Girls (2004) READ MORE

JJ Lin (2016)

By Gabi Stone
April 18, 2014 - 4:07pm

With WILD now less than a week away, it’s important to remember that Wash U’s most famous concert doesn’t come together by itself! That’s where JJ Linn comes in. As the Social Programming Board’s WILD Director, he’s in charge of making sure your WILD is, well, wild. Name: JJ Linn Year: Sophomore Major: Economics and Finance Double Major READ MORE

Angels in the Outfield

By Chloe Baker
April 17, 2014 - 5:55pm

This Saturday on the swamp, AEPi and Pi Phi are hosting a charity event called “Angels in the Outfield” to benefit two charities, The Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention (made in memory of a former Pi Phi sister) and Operation Food Search. What better way to enjoy the 74 degree weather than by playing wiffleball for charity? Even better, has a Pi Phi or an AEPi ever pissed you off? This is your one chance to either pie them in the face or get them dunked in a dunk tank. Get a team together and register so you can look ridiculous playing wiffleball, pie some people, soak some people, and maybe get a little bit of a tan...all for charity.   READ MORE

John Kubinak (2016)

By Jessica Hyman
April 12, 2014 - 11:49pm

Meet John Kubinak and join the dozens of other WUSTL girls who are crushing, hard. He can tutor you in comp sci, carry your heavy boxes on move-out day, and treat you to a lovely weekend brunch. He also is the current WashU rib eating champ, co-owns U-Trucking, and c'mon, have you seen those blue eyes? If you're not interested already, this funny all-American sophomore loves his mom, a good time, and a dance party. You're probably hooked already.   READ MORE

Formal Dress Style Guide for Spring

By Sarah Goldberg
April 11, 2014 - 10:48pm

It’s April at Wash U and we all know what that means...FORMAL SEASON! Getting ready for formal can be stressful and if you’re like me, you probably feel burdened by the same questions: “What should I wear? Should I wear jewelry? Bracelet or necklace? How much makeup? Bright or soft nail polish? Help!” Well, ladies, you’re in luck! Read on for a quick guide to help answer some of these questions. Question #1: What should I wear?   READ MORE

What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

By Victoria Bliss

Best Wash U Hotspots to Show Your Prefrosh

By Chloe Baker
April 11, 2014 - 1:41pm

Trying to sell WashU to a prefrosh simply by telling them “omg it’s the best school ever” or “the people are just SO nice” doesn’t quite cut it. When hosting a prefrosh, it’s essential to show off the best spots around WashU and outside of campus. 1) Holmes Lounge Yes, this sounds ridiculous. However, time travel mentally to when you were looking at colleges and remember how impressed you were by the tiny aesthetic details. One look at those intricate ceilings and the prefrosh will be enchanted by how Instagram-able this school really is. READ MORE

Pros and Cons of Formal Setups

By Sydney Davis
April 4, 2014 - 2:31pm

When springtime rolls around, everyone knows what that means… FRATERNITY FORMAL SEASON. AKA this is when your friend or even your friend’s friend tells you they want to set you up with this guy and how perfect it’ll be. So, do you go for it? Do you agree to the set-up and go out of town with someone you don’t really know? Here are some pros and cons to getting set up for a fraternity formal. PRO: Meet new people! READ MORE

Designing Dreams with Linus

By Katie Calder
April 2, 2014 - 9:19pm

It’s the final Linus of the year, so get ready to dress up for Wash U’s favorite bi-annual party! This semester, The Linus Foundation is proud to present: Designing Dreams with Linus! All of the event’s proceeds will go towards the Alberti Program, a problem-solving studio workshop that teaches architecture by involving the community and the environment for fourth through ninth grade students from local St. Louis schools. This event is 21+ and all attendees must show proper identification at the door. Tickets for the event are currently sold out. In case of additional issues or questions, feel free to contact springlinus2014@gmail.com. The Bus schedule will be announced shortly....