Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

6 Costumes to Ditch This Halloween

By Chloe Baker
October 20, 2014 - 1:56am

We have all seen the classic Halloween party scene in Mean Girls. Cady Heron walks into a house full of scantily clad girls dressed up (or down, rather) in what one would think of as classic girls' Halloween party costumes: cats, bunnies, mice, among other animal varieties. I mean, who could forget Karen's classic line, "I'm a mouse, duh"? Cady, however, is dressed as an elaborate, bloody zombie bride. We laugh and make fun of her, yet there's something to be said for going against the grain and not conforming to the classic "sexy" Halloween costume. Alas, a list of those costumes to cross off as your potential October 31st disguise. READ MORE

5 Activities for Fall Break in STL

By Sara Bower
October 15, 2014 - 4:30pm

Fall Break is kind of a rip-off. I mean, doesn’t everyone try their hardest to avoid scheduling Friday classes in the first place? Still, if you try to remain positive, it can be an ideal opportunity to get away or to unwind after a stressful week of midterms. If you’re staying in STL this weekend, try to put that extra day off to good use.   READ MORE

6 Reasons Why Rain Ruins Everything

By Sydney Davis
October 14, 2014 - 3:25pm

First off, let me just say I'm totally and completely accustomed to awful weather- I'm from Cleveland. That being said, only in St. Louis have I been legitimately stunned at the sheer amount of water that can fall from the sky. It'll rain for days and days without stopping, even for a minute. In honor of this non-stop rain, here's why rainy days are the worst days. 1. Brennan says it best: Original image via pablocruise.com READ MORE

5 Reasons We Love Her Campus Survival Kits

By Sydney Davis
October 10, 2014 - 1:30pm

There are few things I love more than receiving a giant box full of free stuff. Am I right, or am I right? Her Campus killed the game with this year's Survial Kits. From mini Luna bars, to Chipotle gift cards, to underwear in tiny cupcake containers (yeah, you heard me), we are fully stocked and ready to take on midterms! In honor of this ~amazing~ collection of goodies (see pic below), here are 5 solid reasons why we are obsessed with our survival kit. READ MORE

Noah Figman (2017)

By Emily Erani
October 9, 2014 - 12:03pm

Noah is a humble, fun-loving sophomore who hails from the East Coast. He loves the outdoors, but when he isn’t lounging outside, you can find him posted up in Olin or in the DUC between classes. He is a philanthropic member of the ZBT fraternity, an avid goer of Holmes Lounge, and a serious Netflix watcher. You should get to know more about Noah, but unfortunately, ladies, he is already taken! Grade: Sophomore Hometown: Woodcliff Lake, NJ READ MORE

9 Reasons Why Being a Freshman Isn't So Bad

By Lizzie Cohan
October 9, 2014 - 11:55am

It’s 11:00 P.M. on a Friday night and you’re still sitting in your dorm. You pre-gamed, your friends pre-gamed, and everyone is looking for something to do. Is that frat party happening? Should you try to go out? Is it time for BD yet? It’s 12:00 P.M on Saturday. You’re at BD with your roommate. That was a fun Friday night. LOL. Or not. Courtesy of giphy.com READ MORE

5 Ways to Maximize Instagram Likes

By Chloe Baker
October 7, 2014 - 11:21pm

The moment you press "share" on Instagram is the beginning of an anxiety-filled journey. Several minutes go by, yet still 0 likes. You contemplate deleting the picture to save yourself the misery, but decide to wait it out to see what happens. 30 minutes pass and you haven't even hit double digits. You think to yourself, "Do I not look super hot here?" or "Does this food not look drool-worthy?" As much of a textbook "first world problem" as this is, girls wait by their phones and always yearn to hit their next goal, whether it's 20 likes or 200. With these tips under your belt, you'll hit that elusive number of likes you've been anxiously waiting for. READ MORE

5 Unique Ways to Spice Up Your Dorm Room

By Elana Sasson
October 7, 2014 - 11:57am

1. Ceramic Egg Cartons: Egg cartons can be incredibly useful when compartmentalizing studs, bracelets, and stacking rings. While jewelry trees are probably prevalent amongst your friends' dorm rooms, stand out with this clever accessory. Buy a ceramic egg carton in a bright color to warm up your room, or just use an actual egg carton DIY style. Courtesy of turquoiseandteale.com READ MORE

A Girl's Worst Nightmare: 6 Moments Where the Struggle is Real

By Becki Zeuner
October 6, 2014 - 1:40pm

There is nothing worse than the realization that your life as a female has automatically placed you into an entire realm of daily struggles. From something as simple as walking to class to strolling through the South 40, there is a whole variety of paralyzing moments that a girl can experience. While the acknowledgement of these nightmares will in no way prevent them, at least you’ll feel less alone the next time your heart drops to the floor. READ MORE

6 Key Techniques for Midterm Procrastinating

By Gabi Stone
October 5, 2014 - 4:23pm

October: a month of sweaters, pumpkin spice, piles of leaves and piles of midterms. Yes, nothing says "autumn is here" like the arrival of midterm season. However, if you’re already overwhelmed and sick of staring at your lecture notes, there are plenty of ways to procrastinate the time away: 1. Go through all of the course listings and plan your next semester schedule READ MORE