Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

How to Prep for WILD

By Carly Pascal
October 24, 2014 - 1:59am

It’s that time of the semester again. Yup, you get to Walk In, Lay Down (preferably on the blow up couches) while sipping on your boxed water. But before you have the time of your life at WILD, here are a few tips on what to do to prepare for the greatest day of the semester. Happy WILD to all, and to all a good night!  Listen to Icona Pop and Griz: “I Love It” isn’t their only song! They have some great other ones, like “All Night” and “Girlfriend.” Seriously, these songs are so catchy. You won’t be able to get them out of your head. Put these on your go-to playlist, because you will want to be able to sing and dance along with the duo. Extra points if you know all the words to Griz’s songs. READ MORE

The 12 Stages of Visiting Another School

By Rachel Shaiman
October 22, 2014 - 4:45pm

As much as we all love WUSTL, everyone needs a little change every once in a while. Some retreat home and others scatter about the country in search of best friends, siblings, cousins, and anyone they can use to go to that Big 10 football game. And so it begins, the 12 inevitable stages of visiting another school. 1. You pack enough outfits to last a semester Teen.com 2. You document your entire journey on your Snapchat story READ MORE

Jordan Cohen-Kaplan (2018)

By Rachel Shaiman
October 20, 2014 - 10:50pm

It’s a bird... it’s a plane.. it’s this week’s Campus Celeb! Not only has he already declared a major and a minor (woah, he’s only a freshman) but he also finds time to take flying lessons in St. Louis. Keep reading to learn more about Wash U’s coolest (only?) freshman with a sport’s license in flying.  Year: Freshman Major: Political Science Minor: Finance Hometown: Newton, Massachusetts READ MORE

6 Costumes to Ditch This Halloween

By Chloe Baker
October 20, 2014 - 1:56am

We have all seen the classic Halloween party scene in Mean Girls. Cady Heron walks into a house full of scantily clad girls dressed up (or down, rather) in what one would think of as classic girls' Halloween party costumes: cats, bunnies, mice, among other animal varieties. I mean, who could forget Karen's classic line, "I'm a mouse, duh"? Cady, however, is dressed as an elaborate, bloody zombie bride. We laugh and make fun of her, yet there's something to be said for going against the grain and not conforming to the classic "sexy" Halloween costume. Alas, a list of those costumes to cross off as your potential October 31st disguise. READ MORE

5 Activities for Fall Break in STL

By Sara Bower
October 15, 2014 - 4:30pm

Fall Break is kind of a rip-off. I mean, doesn’t everyone try their hardest to avoid scheduling Friday classes in the first place? Still, if you try to remain positive, it can be an ideal opportunity to get away or to unwind after a stressful week of midterms. If you’re staying in STL this weekend, try to put that extra day off to good use.   READ MORE

6 Reasons Why Rain Ruins Everything

By Sydney Davis
October 14, 2014 - 3:25pm

First off, let me just say I'm totally and completely accustomed to awful weather- I'm from Cleveland. That being said, only in St. Louis have I been legitimately stunned at the sheer amount of water that can fall from the sky. It'll rain for days and days without stopping, even for a minute. In honor of this non-stop rain, here's why rainy days are the worst days. 1. Brennan says it best: Original image via pablocruise.com READ MORE

5 Reasons We Love Her Campus Survival Kits

By Sydney Davis
October 10, 2014 - 1:30pm

There are few things I love more than receiving a giant box full of free stuff. Am I right, or am I right? Her Campus killed the game with this year's Survial Kits. From mini Luna bars, to Chipotle gift cards, to underwear in tiny cupcake containers (yeah, you heard me), we are fully stocked and ready to take on midterms! In honor of this ~amazing~ collection of goodies (see pic below), here are 5 solid reasons why we are obsessed with our survival kit. READ MORE

Noah Figman (2017)

By Emily Erani
October 9, 2014 - 12:03pm

Noah is a humble, fun-loving sophomore who hails from the East Coast. He loves the outdoors, but when he isn’t lounging outside, you can find him posted up in Olin or in the DUC between classes. He is a philanthropic member of the ZBT fraternity, an avid goer of Holmes Lounge, and a serious Netflix watcher. You should get to know more about Noah, but unfortunately, ladies, he is already taken! Grade: Sophomore Hometown: Woodcliff Lake, NJ READ MORE

9 Reasons Why Being a Freshman Isn't So Bad

By Lizzie Cohan
October 9, 2014 - 11:55am

It’s 11:00 P.M. on a Friday night and you’re still sitting in your dorm. You pre-gamed, your friends pre-gamed, and everyone is looking for something to do. Is that frat party happening? Should you try to go out? Is it time for BD yet? It’s 12:00 P.M on Saturday. You’re at BD with your roommate. That was a fun Friday night. LOL. Or not. Courtesy of giphy.com READ MORE

5 Ways to Maximize Instagram Likes

By Chloe Baker
October 7, 2014 - 11:21pm

The moment you press "share" on Instagram is the beginning of an anxiety-filled journey. Several minutes go by, yet still 0 likes. You contemplate deleting the picture to save yourself the misery, but decide to wait it out to see what happens. 30 minutes pass and you haven't even hit double digits. You think to yourself, "Do I not look super hot here?" or "Does this food not look drool-worthy?" As much of a textbook "first world problem" as this is, girls wait by their phones and always yearn to hit their next goal, whether it's 20 likes or 200. With these tips under your belt, you'll hit that elusive number of likes you've been anxiously waiting for. READ MORE