Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Archives

5 Must-Try Halloween Cocktails

By Casey Weiss
October 28, 2014 - 3:15pm

Halloween is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start getting festive! TBH I don’t care much about your costume options at the moment, I just wanna make sure you’re serving up some tasty drinks for the occasion (as long as you're 21+ of course). 1. Spiked Apple Cider: Apple cider is the perfect sweet fall drink. To make a simple recipe for spiked cider, simply combine a ¼ gallon of store bought apple cider, ½ cup of dark rum and ½ cup cinnamon schnapps. Feel free to replace the cider with sparkling cider for a fizzy twist. READ MORE

3 Halloween Activities to Try in St. Louis

By Becca Manning
October 28, 2014 - 12:52pm

With Halloween just around the corner, what better way to get into the spirit than by joining in the local St. Louis festivities? Living in the middle of a metropolitan area means endless activities to try, so take advantage of them this Halloween! From traditional trick-or-treating to a visiting a spooky graveyard, the possibilities are endless.  Read on to hear our top three picks. READ MORE

Scarefest Haunted Houses

By Sydney Davis
October 27, 2014 - 4:35pm

If you're looking to hit up some really haunted house this Halloween, check out The Darkness, Creepyworld, and The Abyss in downtown St. Louis next to Soulard Market. Be warned: they aren't just warped mirrors and fog machines. They're open every night through November 8th!  Click here to buy tickets online!     Photo via scarefest.com READ MORE

Jamie Swimmer (2017)

By Chloe Baker
October 26, 2014 - 12:45pm

Does this cutie's face look familiar? That's probably because he's the twin of fellow WUSTL sophomore, Allison Swimmer. A recent transfer student from Connecticut College, Jamie has been tearing up the South 40, making friends left and right. Read ahead and become enchanted by sophomore Jamie Swimmer. If you want to win this boy's heart, just make sure not to call him "Allison's brother." Major: Economics with a minor in The Business of Sports READ MORE

How to Prep for WILD

By Carly Pascal
October 24, 2014 - 1:59am

It’s that time of the semester again. Yup, you get to Walk In, Lay Down (preferably on the blow up couches) while sipping on your boxed water. But before you have the time of your life at WILD, here are a few tips on what to do to prepare for the greatest day of the semester. Happy WILD to all, and to all a good night!  Listen to Icona Pop and Griz: “I Love It” isn’t their only song! They have some great other ones, like “All Night” and “Girlfriend.” Seriously, these songs are so catchy. You won’t be able to get them out of your head. Put these on your go-to playlist, because you will want to be able to sing and dance along with the duo. Extra points if you know all the words to Griz’s songs. READ MORE

The 12 Stages of Visiting Another School

By Rachel Shaiman
October 22, 2014 - 4:45pm

As much as we all love WUSTL, everyone needs a little change every once in a while. Some retreat home and others scatter about the country in search of best friends, siblings, cousins, and anyone they can use to go to that Big 10 football game. And so it begins, the 12 inevitable stages of visiting another school. 1. You pack enough outfits to last a semester Teen.com 2. You document your entire journey on your Snapchat story READ MORE

Jordan Cohen-Kaplan (2018)

By Rachel Shaiman
October 20, 2014 - 10:50pm

It’s a bird... it’s a plane.. it’s this week’s Campus Celeb! Not only has he already declared a major and a minor (woah, he’s only a freshman) but he also finds time to take flying lessons in St. Louis. Keep reading to learn more about Wash U’s coolest (only?) freshman with a sport’s license in flying.  Year: Freshman Major: Political Science Minor: Finance Hometown: Newton, Massachusetts READ MORE

6 Costumes to Ditch This Halloween

By Chloe Baker
October 20, 2014 - 1:56am

We have all seen the classic Halloween party scene in Mean Girls. Cady Heron walks into a house full of scantily clad girls dressed up (or down, rather) in what one would think of as classic girls' Halloween party costumes: cats, bunnies, mice, among other animal varieties. I mean, who could forget Karen's classic line, "I'm a mouse, duh"? Cady, however, is dressed as an elaborate, bloody zombie bride. We laugh and make fun of her, yet there's something to be said for going against the grain and not conforming to the classic "sexy" Halloween costume. Alas, a list of those costumes to cross off as your potential October 31st disguise. READ MORE

5 Activities for Fall Break in STL

By Sara Bower
October 15, 2014 - 4:30pm

Fall Break is kind of a rip-off. I mean, doesn’t everyone try their hardest to avoid scheduling Friday classes in the first place? Still, if you try to remain positive, it can be an ideal opportunity to get away or to unwind after a stressful week of midterms. If you’re staying in STL this weekend, try to put that extra day off to good use.   READ MORE

6 Reasons Why Rain Ruins Everything

By Sydney Davis
October 14, 2014 - 3:25pm

First off, let me just say I'm totally and completely accustomed to awful weather- I'm from Cleveland. That being said, only in St. Louis have I been legitimately stunned at the sheer amount of water that can fall from the sky. It'll rain for days and days without stopping, even for a minute. In honor of this non-stop rain, here's why rainy days are the worst days. 1. Brennan says it best: Original image via pablocruise.com READ MORE