This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1. Chambray Shirt

This one is incredibly versatile. Pair it with a scarf and leggings for a casual look, or unbuttoned with a dress for something more fancy.

refreshease.com

2. Infinity Scarves

These scream fall. Infinity scarves let you stay warm and look fashionable while doing so.

shefinds.com

3. Leggings

For those days when you just want to roll out of bed, leggings look way cuter than sweatpants but are nearly as comfortable! And don’t just stick to black—change it up with colors like olive green or maroon for fall.

sweetcouch.com

4. A well-fitted pair of jeans

Nothing completes an outfit better than the perfect pair of jeans. Dark wash looks especially nice for fall.

yourstylejourney.com

5. Sweaters

Nothing says fall like an oversized sweater. It’s warm and cozy, but still looks like you put in effort!

favim.com

6. Boots

Any kind of boot instantly gives a look an autumnal vibe. Whether you prefer booties or riding boots, add a pair to your favorite outfit to make it a little more fall-esque.

stylishlyme.com

7. Flannels

Whether you wear it as a shirt or around your waist, flannels are an adorable way to embrace fall fashion.

style-galleries.com

8. A Beanie

Bad hair day? Throw one of these on and nobody will know! Plus, you’ll be nice and warm, not to mention stylish.

pinterest.com

Mari is a freshman in the College of Arts & Sciences at Wash U. She hails from Deerfield, IL, but tells everyone she's from Chicago to make it easier. When she's not writing for HC, you can find her going out with friends, exploring St. Louis, and working in the WUTV studio.
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.