6 Reasons Why Rain Ruins Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

First off, let me just say I’m totally and completely accustomed to awful weather- I’m from Cleveland. That being said, only in St. Louis have I been legitimately stunned at the sheer amount of water that can fall from the sky. It’ll rain for days and days without stopping, even for a minute. In honor of this non-stop rain, here’s why rainy days are the worst days.

1. Brennan says it best:

Original image via pablocruise.com

It’s too humid to wear your heavy duty rainboots, but not hot enough to throw on those rubber flip flops you don’t care about. It’s too warm to put on your raincoat, but too chilly not to wear anything at all. These are just a few struggles we experience on a rainy morning. The only solution seems to be a sturdy umbrella and a pair of waterproof shoes. Try J. Crew’s Rainy Day Ballet Flats for a light yet rain-proof shoe. Oh, and stay away from jeans, because there’s nothing worse than wet denim.

2. Did I just walk to class, or did I swim?

Sitting through class after walking through a storm is comparable to when you make that awful decision to go on the water ride in full clothing. It’s cold, squishy, damp, and flat out unfortunate. My best advice? Take the Circ.

3. It’s depressing

Tumblr.com

Rainy days just make me want to curl up in a ball with a hot mug of tea. The very last thing I want to do is walk through the pond-sized puddles on campus, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hang in there, and make a pit stop to Whisper’s or Starbucks for something to warm your hands (and soul).

4. It makes parking a nightmare

Gifbin.com

Rain results in two awful situations: there aren’t any spots left OR people just don’t know how to drive in the rain. Either way, it’s a loss for you.

5. Wind + Rain = Death

Funnyordie.com

We all know about how windy it gets in STL. As if getting windburn on your way to class isn’t bad enough, when combined with rain, it’s all over. If your umbrella manages not to turn inside out, it still does virtually nothing to protect you from the rain blowing at you from every direction.

6. FRIZZ.

Tumblr.com (have-some-gifs)

Need I say more? 

Rain is a bummer, but sometimes, you just gotta say “screw it” and get out there and dance.

gifbin.com

Article cover photo courtesy of cdn.attackofthecute.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.