6 Key Techniques for Midterm Procrastinating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

October: a month of sweaters, pumpkin spice, piles of leaves and piles of midterms. Yes, nothing says “autumn is here” like the arrival of midterm season. However, if you’re already overwhelmed and sick of staring at your lecture notes, there are plenty of ways to procrastinate the time away:

1. Go through all of the course listings and plan your next semester schedule

Courtesy of giphy.com

Maybe you’ll be able to find a class that doesn’t have a midterm!

2. Clean. Everything. 

Courtesy of tumblr.com

This kind of procrastination is a win-win: you make your room spotless, and your roommate/suitemates will forever adore you (at least until it gets messy again).

3. Earn a bachelor’s degree in Buzzfeed quizzes. Or Facebook Stalking… Or Betches Love This-ology

Courtesy of mmmbyee.tumblr.com

ANYTHING but the actual classes you’re taking.

4. Bake like you have your own show on the Food Network

Courtesy of giphy.com

They say baking is good for the soul. And by “they,” I mean me, and by “soul,” I mean stomach.

5. Get ambitious with Netflix

Courtesy of media.tumblr.com

Netflix marathons are not for the faint of heart, but if you say you can watch all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad in a week (is that even possible?) then I must say, I’ll be impressed. 

6. Plan your Halloween costume just a little bit in advance.

Courtesy of giphy.com

Because midterms are scary, but having a bad costume is even scarier.

Happy studying/not-studying and good luck on midterms! 

Article cover photo courtesy of weknowmemes.com

Gabi Stone is a sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis, a short 9-hour drive away from her hometown of Detroit, Michigan. She enjoys solo grocery shops at Whole Foods, Saturday Night Live reruns, and checking things off of lists.
Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.