This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

No More Sweating

After spending a summer in the scorching heat, having to take only one step outside to be drenched in the grossest, stickiest sweat, fall is a time for more human-friendly temperatures. Say good-bye to unwanted sweat stains and awkward “getting out of your seat but leaving behind a huge puddle of butt sweat” moments. Fall welcomes you with a nice, non-sweaty hug.

Sweatshirt Season

Once the temperature finally reaches below 70 degrees, it become socially acceptable to wear the fuzziest, coziest sweatshirts anywhere and everywhere. It’s like getting permanent hugs all day long from those loving, soft long sleeves.

The Trees Look Prettier

Fall, also known by its fancier name of “Autumn”, is a time when the leaves on the trees change colors and fall to the ground in big piles you and your friends can jump in like little kids. Oranges and reds and purples, and sometimes you get those little brown crunchy leaves – all totally better than the plain green eternally attached to the trees during summer.

Less Shaving Your Legs

In the fall, the weather turns from a scorching bajillion degrees to a comfortable 50 to 60 degrees. This right here is prime pants wearing temperature, meaning your bare legs no longer have to see the light of day! Because of this cool breeze and the changing leaves, your legs get to be covered by slightly ripped jeans, leggings, and the like – so you don’t have to shave your legs every couple days anymore! They get to be nicely covered while you grow out your leg hair until the spring when cut off pants and shorts come back into season.

Boots!

Again, because it’s no longer unbearably hot outside, fall is a time when you can wear boots literally everywhere. Not only are they cute and comfy, but certain boots like Doc Martens and other types of combat boots go with all those previously mentioned pants you don’t need to shave your legs for! And, boots come in all shapes and sizes, so if you’re not into shorter boots, get knee highs, and if you’re not into those, wear rain boots! Really the options are endless, and it’s all because of fall.

By Carolyn Fox

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design