This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start getting festive! TBH I don’t care much about your costume options at the moment, I just wanna make sure you’re serving up some tasty drinks for the occasion (as long as you’re 21+ of course).

1. Spiked Apple Cider: Apple cider is the perfect sweet fall drink. To make a simple recipe for spiked cider, simply combine a ¼ gallon of store bought apple cider, ½ cup of dark rum and ½ cup cinnamon schnapps. Feel free to replace the cider with sparkling cider for a fizzy twist.

Askmissa.com

2. Liquified Ghost Cocktail: If you want to get a little fancy, take this recipe from HGTV: mix 1 ounce of vanilla simple syrup with 2 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of cream and 2 ounces of soda. This creamy white cocktail has an eerie ghost appearance that will be sure to get your guests in the Halloween spirit.

Dailynoff.com

3. Pumpkin Spice Punch: For a fun twist on sangria, combine a ¼ cup of honey, ¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of bourbon, 3 cups of apple cider, and a ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice. Cover this mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours. Finally, stir in 2 bottles of chilled pinot grigio. Top with sliced apples for the perfect seasonal touch.

Domesticate-me.com

4. [Virgin] Green Ghoulade: Want a spooky virgin drink to set the mood? Follow this recipe from Sandra Lee by combining 12 ounces of limeade, 3 cups of sprite, 3 ½ cups of any type of green sports drink and 5 drops of green food coloring. Top with whipped cream for added presentation and decadence.

Hohalloween.com

5. Candy Corn Jell-O-Shots: Jell-O-Shots are a college staple, but Halloween is the perfect excuse to get a little more creative. Follow this recipe to make layered candy corn Jello-O-Shots that may take some more time to prepare, but are well worth the effort.

Abeautifulmess.com

For those of you who wait until the last minute, or are simply void of all culinary talents, my top store-bought Halloween drink picks are Shipyard Pumpkinhead and Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale. Both have the perfect blend of spices that bring home the pumpkin, without going overboard. For a non-alcoholic option, try Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider. Just the right amount of fizz and apple flavor, and no one says you can’t spike this one…

Enjoy Halloween responsibly and remember, no one will care how skimpy your costume is if you serve them up some great drinks!

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.