This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As you ponder what to do with all of your free time over winter break, you might think that reading a book should be at the bottom of your to-do list. After all, you did just cram all of the reading that you neglected all semester into the last few days before your finals. But don’t write off the possibility of reading some books just yet—here are some fantastic page-turners that will keep you endlessly entertained over break without stressing you out!

1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: If you haven’t heard people talking about this book and/or movie in the past few months, then I seriously don’t know where you have been. This suspenseful thriller about a woman who goes missing and her husband who becomes a suspect will keep you captivated and have you literally gasping out loud. Confession: I have only seen the movie (which was amazing), but I absolutely plan on reading the book ASAP!

Moviepilot.com

2. Bossypants by Tina Fey: To all you Tina Fey fans, your prayers have been answered in the form of this comical autobiography. Filled with hilarious anecdotes, this book is great for any fans of 30 Rock, Saturday Night Live, or just Tina herself.

Bookpage.com

3. Wild by Cheryl Strayed: This book was turned into a movie that is in theaters right now. I actually read this book for a class at Wash U but ended up loving it so much that it stopped feeling like schoolwork and started feeling like a book that I just couldn’t put down. This memoir is about a young, troubled woman who makes the life-changing decision to hike 1,100 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail by herself. It’s a must-read!

Atadbookish.com

4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: This unique love story is perfect for any hopeless romantic. The love between Henry, a man who can’t control his time traveling, and Clare, a free-spirited artist, is unlike any other. Warning: you may or may not cry while reading this.

Goodreads.com

Happy reading!

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.