4 Best Podcasts to Listen To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

If you’re anything like me, sometimes you need a break from your spotify “fall jams” playlist – though music can always put me in a better mood, it’s nice to change things up a bit. So, if you are a podcast virgin, here are some of my favorites:

1. Guys we F**cked: This one is my absolute favorite. It was actually recommended to me by my older brother (LOL), and since I started listening to it I haven’t been able to get enough. Comedians Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson host this “anti slut-shaming podcast” and are never shy to bring up hilarious anecdotes from their own lives.

2. Women of the Hour: Lena Dunham, my personal hero and savior,  hosts this podcast, which is pretty much just her talking to other amazing women about how to combat all the sexism in our society. Topics include friendship, body love, romance, and productivity. Once you finish an episode, you will want to go outside and dismantle the patriarchy.

3. Gilmore Guys: This one is a must for all Gilmore Girls fans. Two guys, one who has watched Gilmore Girls before and one who hasn’t, analyze episodes and interview people involved with the show. A great choice if you want something light and fun to listen to after a long day of classes.

4. Stuff Mom Never Told You: This podcast advertises itself as getting “down to the business of being women from every imaginable angle.” It’s hosted by Cristen Conger and Caroline Ervin, two gender experts who decode pretty much everything that makes women and men who they are.

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!