3 Simple Ways to Get Organized for the New Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As hard as it is to believe, second semester is upon us.  The first couple weeks of classes are probably pretty relaxing, but don’t forget that classes pick up quickly and by this time next week you may feel overwhelmed!  Avoid stressing out later by reading about these three ways to get organized for the spring semester.

1. Write important dates down

If you’re like me, remembering dates is almost impossible.  Block out some time for writing down important dates and deadlines to make sure you don’t forget them later.  Having a detailed planner can really help, and erincondren.com has amazing “life planners” to keep everything straight (belated Christmas gift?).

2.  Start looking for summer internships

I know it seems early, but summer internships fill up quickly—especially highly sought after ones.  Figure out what fields you’re interested in and start your search early to avoid the stress of realizing you have nothing going on for the summer right before vacation starts.  If you have no clue what you want to do this summer, make an appointment at the career center for some guidance!

3.   Read your classes’ syllabi

Reading your second semester courses’ syllabi is a great way to go into classes feeling prepared.  It’ll help you see what topics are going to be outlined for the semester, what the format of the class will be like, and tell you your major assessment dates!  Read them now and email your professors if you have any questions or concerns before it’s too late!