10 Jams to Download this Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

There are few better feelings than when you add tons of new songs to your favorite playlist. Maybe you jam out in your car and sing at an obnoxiously embarrasssing volume, or let’s say your go-to playlist is geared towards working out. Either way, these tunes will add some oomph to your daily regimen. Some are old, some are new, but ALL are bumpin’.

1. Coming Over (Filous Remix)- James Hersey: This track is the perfect balance of chill and upbeat. I can listen to it while I’m doing homework, on a run or driving with all the windows open on a sunny day.

2. Stole The Show (feat. Parson James)- Kygo: Okay, I’m addmitedly obsessed with Kygo but this actually is a good one. You’ll know this song is Kygo from the get-go, but it also has a different sound than some of his other work. 

3. Ultraviolence (Hook N Sling Remix)- Lana Del Ray: This track is nearly a year old but I somehow just now got into it. It’s more on the electronic/house side, so it’s probably a better fit for a workout playlist and would be a little too distracting while trying to study in Olin. 

4. Often (Kygo Remix)- The Weeknd: So. Good. If Kygo and The Weeknd don’t perform this at Lollapalooza, I’m going to die a little bit inside.

5. Talking Body (Gryffin Remix)- Tove Lo: I genuinely like this remix more than the original. Gryffin is one of the best low-key artists that I know of and his remixes are always on point. I also recommend checking out his “Animals” (Maroon 5) remix. 

6. Love Me Like You Do (Airia Remix)- Ellie Goulding: This remix keeps the true identity of the song while speeding up the pace and making it a more upbeat track.

7. Cut It Up (feat. Trinidad James)- Pyramid Scheme: You probably already have this one but I thought I’d add it just in case. This is another song that works perfectly on any playlist, from running to studying.

8. Circles- Vanic x Machineheart: iTunes says I have played this song 43 times… and that’s just on my computer. No shame. This song makes me straight up happy and is also an ideal beat to run to.

9. Let It Go (Ghost Loft Remix)- The Neighbourhood: I sent my friend the SoundCloud link for this track knowing that she would love it, and turns out she had already been listening to it for almost a year. Old or not, this is a JAM. 

10. Let Me Love You (Tim Gunter Remix)- Mario: Let’s end the list with this throwback to the bar mitzvah days. There’s no doubt that you awkwardly danced with someone to this song, probably at least three or four feet away from each other. This remixed version will help to ease those painful memories while also taking you back to the glory days. 

Article cover image via kygomusic.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.