PSA: Paramore is Back!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Nearly 4 years after the band’s self-titled album, Paramore has jumped back onto the music scene with a brand new sound. In their newest jam entitled, “Hard Times”, Paramore shows off a funky pop vibe and colorful aesthetic. The fresh pop sound isn’t the only new development that comes with Paramore’s long-awaited return to music; past-member Zac Farro (Drums) has also returned and joins the band’s most faithful members, Hayley Williams (Vocals) and Taylor York (Guitar).

Photo courtesy of The New York Times

After the shocking departure of the band’s bassist, Jeremy Davis in 2015 over supposed revenue disputes, Paramore found itself in the far too familiar situation of regrouping and deciding whether or not to even continue. Thankfully, both Hayley and Taylor stuck together and helped each other work through the difficulties of rebuilding Paramore once again. Read more about Paramore’s history and comeback here

“Hard Times”, while upbeat and dance-worthy, embodies the struggles that the members have faced as a band and as individuals throughout the years. Despite the tumultuous nature of their careers, Paramore has proven once again that they are a force to be reckoned with. With the band departing from their usual punk rock style, some fans are skeptical about the band’s new groove, but I for one am excited to see where they will go from here. Long live Paramore!!

Paramore’s upcoming album, After Laughter, is set to be released on May 12th. Happy listening :) 

If you’re interested in hearing more, check out these jams!

Liberal Arts student obsessed with books, music, movies and all things creative. American, Japanese, and an honorary Canadian.