Koji Hiroi & Rick Kumazawa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

We had the chance to interview this week’s campus cuties, Koji Hiroi and Rick Kumazawa! Both of them are 2nd year SILS students preparing for study abroad this fall.

From left to right: Koji Hiroi and Rick Kumazawa

Where are you guys from?

Koji Hiroi: I’m from Osaka, Japan. I used to go to an international school for middle school and high school. Unlike many of the SILS students, I have never lived overseas.Rick Kumazawa: I was born in Kentucky and raised in Indiana. I attended high school in Indiana until my sophomore year before attending Nanzan Kokusai High School in Aichi Prefecture for my junior and senior year.

What are your hobbies?

K.H.: Nothing special. I’ve taken interest in surfing lately.R.K.:  Going to the beach to chill and do nothing. I also love watching movies with chips and other snacks in my hands.

Where will you be studying abroad?

K.H.: Los Angeles, California.R.K.: Oxford, Mississippi.

What are you looking forward to during your study abroad? What do you hope to get out of it?

K.H.: I’m looking forward to meeting new friends, surfing every weekend and traveling around the States.R.K.: Meeting up with my friends from the States. And hopefully I’ll get to figure out what I want to do in the future too.

Relationship Status?

K.H.: In a relationship.R.K.: Single.

What is your ideal type of girl? Or maybe you could tell us who your celebrity crush is?

K.H.: My ideal girl would be someone who is fit and smells good. (laughs)R.K.: My celebrity crush is Hayden Panettiere. My ideal girl would be someone who is tall, down to earth, doesn’t wear too much make up, tan, laughs a lot, eats, will workout with me, older…. and latinas.

And lastly, we have to ask, what is your workout routine?

K.H.: I don’t have a workout routine, but I go to the gym at least twice a week.R.K.: I workout at least three times a week at Golds Gym, but I hate ab exercises and running. (laughs)

Thank you boys, and good luck studying abroad! 

Shu Shien is a sophomore at School of International Liberal Studies, Waseda Unviersity.