Campus Snapshots – Okuma Garden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Wonderfully scenic spot in Okuma Garden

Going to and fro classes, fretting about exams, worrying about all the deadlines you’re missing or you’ve missed can get pretty downright stress-inducing. In the fast-paced city of Tokyo and the fast-paced life in Waseda, we rarely stop to take a moment and just think about the beauty we’re surrounded by. 

Sure, Waseda is definitely a city campus, sandwiched in between tall buildings and streets packed to its brim with shops and residences. But that in no way means that we don’t have nature to bask in! Whenever you’re free, do remember to pop by Okuma Garden. We all walk pass it every now and then but often times, we don’t go in. And that’s a real shame because fall is here and the foilage in Okuma Garden is amazing to look at. It gets plenty of sunshine as well so it’s a great place to get warm in the beam of the sun despite the consistently dipping temperatures!

Okuma Garden is open to the public and free for anyone to enter, which is great because the most adorable little toddlers tend to come with their parents! So if you do have time to spare, pop down to Okuma Garden and just breathe in the beauty there!