6 Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Want to Wear It Short

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

The sweltering heat of summer often leaves us feeling warm and sticky and this is especially so for girls with long, thick hair. Every summer, this voice inside our heads tells us to get a haircut but we all know how getting it chopped off requires courage, courage, and more courage! A bad haircut may result in a lack of confidence and maybe even low self-esteem. However, more often than not, bad haircuts are a result of people not knowing exactly what they want and being vague about their desired hairstyle when consulting the hairdresser. Before stepping into the salon, it is crucial for you to have already made up your mind as it may otherwise lead to unsatisfactory results. To help you with your decision, Her Campus has gathered 6 celebrities who are rocking short ‘dos for your inspiration.

#1 Lily Collins: Tousled Shoulder Length Bob

Photo

Lily Collins keeps it elegant with her middle partings and the chestnut brown color. Add some lose curls for an effortless romantic look.

#2 Leighton Meester: Sleek Chic Straight Bob

Photo

Leighton Meester looks polished and perfectly put together with her straight bob. Ash brown is sleek – a color suitable for everyone. Make sure to add some volume at the roots for a fuller look. Smoothing serum will provide extra shine. You know this hair’s a winner when Blaire Waldorf wears it.

#3 Emma Watson: Faux Bob

Photo

This retro inspired bob is classy and refined. Emma Watson shows off her flawless back and perfect neckline with this cut. Collegiettes with long hair could experiment a short hair look with a faux bob by tucking the excess hair in with bobby pins.

#4 Emma Stone: Ombre wavy cut with bangs

Photo

Emma Stone looks absolutely fabulous in her new cut. The trick is the gorgeous caramel and honey dipped ombre. Ombre has been one of the hottest hair trends as there are so many options, and it adds so much depth to the hairstyle.  Don’t be afraid to play around with colors. With or without a fringe, this wavy hair will be perfect for you to hit the summer beaches with.

#5 Jennifer Lawrence: Pulled back Pixie

Photo

Unfortunately, a pixie cut is not everyone’s cup of tea nor is it suitable for everyone. But if you’re blessed with a perfect forehead (and face), we recommend you to sweep the bangs off your face for a J. Law red carpet look.

#6 Miley Cyrus: Side Shaved Pixie

Photo

This look is for the daredevils and the rebels. The emphasis of Miley’s look is the slicked up quiff and razored sides. The light golden blonde hair contrasts with the dark roots and adds texture and style. She keeps it feminine with red lips and mascara. Miley shows us that glamorous and gutsy can be in one package. Yes it’s so badass, but so HOT.

So there you have it! Now go make an appointment at your salon!