5 Reasons Why Autumn is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Every season has its perks and things to look forward to, but no season is quite enticing as autumn. For autumn/fall enthusiasts the attraction of this time of the year is pretty much a no-brainer, but for those who need a bit of convincing, here are 5 reasons why the season of fallen leaves and jack-o-lanterns blows the rest out of the water.

1. Sweater Weather

Photo by Karen Cantú Q on Unsplash

If it were up to me, sweater would be the only weather allowed to exist. Although the heat of the summer sun has its perks, it isn’t long until sweat and sunburns come along to ruin the party. During the fall season, cozy sweaters, hats and scarves come out to play and makes putting together outfits so much fun. And if things get a little too cozy for your liking? Take a layer off! Not cozy enough? Pile on the fuzzy socks and soft sweaters! In the fall, you can choose your own adventure.

2. Warm Drinks

Photo by Alisa Anton on Unsplash

Hot chocolate. Coffee. Tea. And yes, those widely adored Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This is the time to treat your taste buds all in the name of staying warm. Whether you revel in the process of making these lovely drinks or love the trips to your favorite cafés, the fall time is prime time.

3. Twinkly Lights

Photo by Mark Rabe on Unsplash

When it gets cold outside, it’s time to build your in-home sanctuary. While cold winds blow outside your window, it is the perfect time to capture the warmth inside with the help of mood makers like twinkly lights and even some of your favorite scented candles.

4. Special treats

Photo by Rhett Noonan on Unsplash

You’re gonna need some yummy treats to go with your delicious drinks. It’s true that finding oven-equipped homes in Tokyo is nearly impossible, but that doesn’t mean that your quest for special treats and baked goods can’t happen. Thankfully, the city makes up for its lack of home ovens with its abundance of bakeries. Finding sweet treats is always a good excuse to brave the chilly weather so get out there and scout out your favorite spot for baked goods.

5. Halloween

Photo by Beth Teutschmann on Unsplash

Although this spooky celebration officially lasts for only a day, I find it to be one of the most exciting things about autumn. While Halloween might mean trick-or-treating for families and particularly children, it means scary movies and the guilt-free consumption of sweet treats for many young adults. The best part about Halloween is that there are no rules when it comes to methods of celebration. Whether you choose to spend the day partying or cozied up at home with your favorite Halloween movie, this time of the year has something for everyone!

Thanks for reading! :) 

Liberal Arts student obsessed with books, music, movies and all things creative. American, Japanese, and an honorary Canadian.