This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

We’ve all promised ourselves that 2018 was going to be our year. But it’s not going to be easy. You have to keep your motivation and work hard to get what you want. There will be times when you feel down and do not know what to do. So, to get you through this year, here are some inspiring quotes by hard working women that will get you back on track.

Image “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failures is another steppingstone to greatness.” —Oprah Winfrey

The word “Queen” describes Oprah perfectly. She is bold, brave, and takes on new challenges. Instead of fearing failure, just consider it as a step closer to success.

Image

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”– Helen Keller  

There will be many ups and down this year. When you are feeling down, it is easier to feel miserable about it and think about what you could have done than to think about what you can do to change it. Her message is to let go and look at opportunities around you.

Image

“I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” ー Louisa May Alcott

Remember this one when you are about to take a big step. Instead of staying inside your comfort zone, take on the challenge and learn how to overcome it.

Image

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K Rowling (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)

Some of you may remember this scene near the end of the movie when Harry Potter finds out that he shares many similarities with his enemy. Dumbledore replies by teaching him his choices are more important than his capabilities.

Image​

“Being jealous of a beautiful woman is not going to make you beautiful. “ー Zsa Gabor

This is the same for anything in life. Instead of being jealous, make an effort so you will be satisfied with yourself.

Hope you got inspired by these quotes. Remember, every one of us has the potential to achieve great things. Let’s make 2018 our year!

Cover image by henri meilhac on Unsplash