Procrastination: Five Films To Reduce Your Stress Levels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Warwick chapter.

As exam season rolls back around again, you’re sure to be gasping to give your brain a rest from all the revision and reading and writing and what not, so what better way to do so than by watching a couple of films which will leave you feeling just a bit less panicky about post-uni life/life in general? Here’s our five top picks for chilling out:

1. 10 Years (2011)

The ensemble cast is stellar in this film, not only do you have Chris Pratt, Rosario Dawson, Anthony Mackie, Aubrey Plaza and Oscar Isaacs, but also real-life dance power-couple Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan taking centre stage. Plus it’s super reassuring to see them all flailing about the place trying to work out how to adult successfully.

2. I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007)

Admittedly not the best quality of the bunch, but there’s a special satisfaction to be had out of seeing Paul Rudd falling over himself to keep up with Michelle Pfeifer. Also, little Saorise Ronan appears!

3. Begin Again (2014)

Although it starts off with melancholy beginnings, Mark Ruffalo as a scruffy music producer dad seems to be everything we didn’t know we wanted, and our girl Keira Knightley holds her own on the pretty decent soundtrack, not to mention everyone gets to see how ridiculous Adam Levine looks with one of those massive beards

4. Magic Mike 2 XXL (2015)

The bromance is strong with this one. We’re not going to pretend like a lot of stripping doesn’t happen (it does and it’s awesome), but the banter between Tatum and his crew are Ginuwine quality – you’ll have Pony stuck in your head all week.

5. Brooklyn (2016)

Saorise is back at is again with her lilting irish tones! This time she’s off across the pond to the US in 1951 to get a taste of what it means to be self-sufficient, in a film very much about ‘finding yourself’ (think less gap-yah, more washing your knickers in a basin).

Emily-Rose. Proudly studying Film and Literature at The University of Warwick, UK. Follow my adventures on Instagram! @emilyrose.g