This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Despite only having a short weekend in Dublin a few weeks ago, I was able to see a lot of what this beautiful city has to offer. Here are my recommendations of the “Five Must-Do’s in Dublin, Ireland.”

1. Trinity College/Library

The largest and one of the oldest in Ireland! This library has several thousand books and manuscripts and also houses the famous “Book of Kells.”

2. Guinness Factory 

This is a must for any college student going to Dublin! Not only do you learn the history and process of making Guinness Beer, but you also get to learn the precise way to taste and pour the beer too (with admission you get your own free pint of Guinness to enjoy!)

3. Lunch at Powers Court Centre 

This restaurant is in a fabulous open mall with concept stores and cafes all around! Not only is it an adorable place to shop for clothes and antiques but the pumpkin toast and pecan pie are to die for!

4. Temple Bar

Temple Bar is the place to be at night in Dublin. There’s live music, locals, and many visiting college students that you can meet (the live singers will often play “Wagon Wheel” and “Sweet Home Alabama” if you request nicely).

5. The Cliffs of Moher 

This is an all day trip that is done easiest if you go with a company (paddywagontours.com). It’s a beautiful scenic drive through the Irish countryside and The Cliffs of Moher, at the end, are a breathtaking that sight pictures can’t ever do justice.

Photos courtesy of Jessie Luttrell

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus