We Want YOU to Join Our Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Calling all writers, future businesswomen, and social media gurus! Her Campus is looking for new members to join our team. 

Her Campus is an online magazine, and we write and work for Wake Forest’s branch. We publish articles on just about anything from beauty and fashion to fitness and music along with articles profiling students in our Wake community. Our Marketing and Publicity team plans fun events for the team and the rest of campus. The social media team handles our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages. 

If you like to write, journal, or want to try it out, join our editorial team! If you are interested in business, marketing, or event planning, join our Marketing and Publicity team. If you’re into photography or social media, join our social media team! 

Don’t just take it from me; here’s what some members of our team have to say about their experiences with Her Campus

“This has been the most rewarding experiences I’ve had here at Wake. I started as a writer, then became an editor my sophomore year, and then took on the role of Editor-in-Chief my junior year. I’m so excited to be the Editor-in-Chief again my senior year. I love working with my writers, helping them grow and develop new skills, and creating friendships with them. I’ve met some of my best friends through Her Campus! We have so much fun, and I’m looking forward to adding new members!” -Haleigh, senior, Editor-in-Chief 

“I joined because I liked the girly vibe of the club! I don’t think there’s another national organization on campus that has a main focus on college women’s issues and interests. From being on the team, I’ve been able to write articles based off of my college experience in hopes that they will help someone else. And being able to share that with other college girls who are in the same boat as me is pretty cool!” -Kailen, sophomore, Events Director

“I joined HC because in high school, I was the online design editor of my school’s newspaper and wanted to continue designing and writing at Wake and found out HC was perfect. HC allowed me to write freely with no topic restrictions and let me participate in Wake events with the team like Project Pumpkin and many more. I gained irreplaceable friendships with girls who are equally passionate to build HC brand and greater life achievements. I could not ask for a better experience!” -Jackie, junior, President

“As my sophomore year progressed, I began to long for an outlet from the stress of school and a form of involvement with the Wake Forest community. When I heard about Her Campus, it seemed like the perfect fit. Not only did I long for activity outside of the classroom that would be both challenging and a source of stress relief, but I also love writing. As a hopeful future editor/publisher, Her Campus granted me the opportunity to begin by writing and eventually move up in leadership as an editor. Her Campus was and is an amazing experience that allows you to write about whatever you are passionate about while also meeting intelligent, young women who also share a love for blogging and community activity. It not only forced me outside of my comfort zone and to publish my own articles, but it also gave me confidence and a community of encouraging women!” -Lindsay, senior, Features Editor

If you’re interested in joining our team, find us at the Activities Fair on September 5. Join us at our Kick Off Information Meeting on September 7 at 7pm in Annenberg Auditorium in Carswell Hall (room 111). Come to our first event, The Brand Girls on September 11 at 4pm in Annenberg Auditorium (Carswell Hall 111 on the first floor… and it’s free!). If you can’t make those events, email Haleigh at wake-forest@hercampus.com and will get you started! 

HCXO! 

Photos courtesy of: Haleigh Monyek

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/af/8a/1eaf8a75ec13f0130483c…

Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!