Pumpkin Chic: The 8 Pumpkins to Make this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Well collegiettes, October is finally among us. That means it’s time for leaves to crisp to an autumn orange and for fun traditions like Project Pumpkin or seizing the quad to begin. Yes, fall is arguably one of the best seasons because there is just so much activity.

There is one fall tradition in particular that really hits home – pumpkin carving. We all have seen the typical three-triangled pumpkin with a zigzagged mouth sitting on doorsteps as you trick-or-treat around the neighborhood. But now its time for a different kind of pumpkin…

After all we are getting older and trendier, right? So I have compiled a list of the chic-est pumpkins there are – get your notebooks and Pinterest boards ready because these are a must try!

1. The Frat-tastic Pumpkin:

Who says you need to actually carve the pumpkin? Just chop the thing in half, scoop out all of the gook, and fill it with ice. This is a simple and effortless way to decorate for a Halloween party! (Image and idea from MarthaStewart.com)

2. The Bling Pumpkin:

This pumpkin will certainly make heads turn. All you need is three yards of plastic gold beads and glue to make the glitziest pumpkin on the block. For exact instructions, check out this blog

3. Au Natural, the Leaf Pumpkin:

To get this earthy look, paint your pumpkin white (or you can leave it bare). Next, Mod Podge leaves from your backyard on to your pumpkin in any order or design you want. For exact instructions, visit shopterrain.com

4. The Edgy Pumpkin:

Tune in your edgy side. Paint your pumpkin any color you’d like: black, silver, gold, etc. Next, buy rhinestones or metallic gems to glue on to your pumpkin. This gives a whole new twist to Halloween – everyone will love it!  Idea from smallshopstudio.com.   

5. The Disney Princess Pumpkin:

I made this pumpkin last year and can honestly say I have never been more proud of a DIY project. This one requires more effort and a little bit more of a monetary investment, but it is completely worth it. Just carve your pumpkin out like you normally would and add fun accessories – (I went to Michael’s Crafts). Idea from this blog

6. For the Country girl, the Handkerchief Pumpkin:

Who would ever think to glue fabric on to a pumpkin? Well someone did, and the result is super cute. Dig out that costume box to find old bandanas and glue them tightly to your pumpkin. This is where country meets Halloween.

7. The Luminous Pumpkin:

This pumpkin requires a drill. So if you’re like me and can’t be trusted with heavy tools, get your friend (or dad) to help you out. This pumpkin can illuminate the night with pretty and clean designs. When I say “clean” I mean the drill can make precise designs, so your patterns will turn out exactly how you want them to look.

8. Effortless Chevron Pumpkin:

This pumpkin is quintessentially chic. You can use any color(s) you want and you can free hand paint it or use tape to guide your lines.  

So there you have it collegiettes. Get crafty this fall with any of these 8 pumpkin designs. You have an entire season to get it right, so get to work ladies! 

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.