This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Summer is approaching, collegiettes! For some of us, this means days at the beach; for others, it’s three months of interning. Whether you’re counting down the days till fall semester or wish summer break would last all year, there’s one thing you’ll probably have in common: Netflix. With all the extra hours to spare with exams and homework being over, summer is the perfect time to get your binge on. Here are some suggestions:

The Walking Dead

This hit show has the first five seasons on Netflix, and with the bloody cliffhanger of the season six finale permanently burned into your brain, you’re probably dying to watch more — even if it’s re-runs. Take the summer to re-watch and appreciate all your favorite characters of past and present in preparation for season seven’s debut in September. Who doesn’t want to re-live the cuteness overload of Daryl holding baby Judith? 

Parks and Recreation

If zombie gore isn’t your thing, watch the comedy that will literally have you laughing-out-loud. The diverse characters and mix of humor will have you entertained for hours (trust me), and there’s something simultaneously empowering about Leslie Knope’s go-getting attitude.

Once Upon a Time

As another popular modern day series, this show makes today a little more interesting by adding a splash of fantasy — specifically, all your favorite fairytale characters! The show is dramatic, entertaining, and full of surprises, as you anxiously try and predict which next Disney-esque character will appear on the show next.

Criminal Minds

This crime classic show has lasted as long as it has for it’s fascinating unsubs, badass FBI profiling team, and superb plot twists. Curl up on the couch with a bag of chips and settle in to catch up on the past 10 seasons.

Reign

For those who like shows set in a more romantic era, take a look at the historical fantasy series portraying the early years of Mary, Queen of Scots. The show’s drama, entertainment, and fun might just make it your new guilty pleasure. 

*Cover image from REDBUBBLE

Megan Schmit

Wake Forest

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus