Meet Megan Schwarzkopf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

Major: Finance with a minor in Mathematics

HerCampus (HC): What do you want people to remember about the Shamrock 5K?

Megan Schwarzkopf (MS): The community coming together for one cause and bonding over that!

HC: Why did you want to get involved in KD philanthropy?

MS: I really wanted to be involved in the chapter in some way and wanted to do work that had a purpose and a greater good. Philanthropy was a great thing to do for sisterhood and bring everyone together, but also still have a purpose.

HC: What is your favorite part about the Shamrock 5K?

MS: I’m excited to see it all come together! And to see people from different organizations come out and people you don’t even know donate or run.  

HC: What would the ideal Shamrock 5K look like?

MS: There would be tons of people there and it would be sunny! Also a wide variety of people: kids, adults, wake students. And everyone being really energetic to run!  

HC: Can you tell us a little bit about the cause that the run supports?

MS: The run supports Prevent Child Abuse America, which is a national non-profit that works towards creating great childhoods for all children and ultimately keeping kids safe!

HC: What did the planning look like for the run? 

MS: I had to start planning super early and then from there it was just bits and pieces throughout the semester. Now its all about spreading awareness and PR pushing.

HC: What other philanthropy events does KD put on?

MS: We have a silent auction in the fall and we also have a lot of fun Girl Scout Events throughout the semester.

HC: What is your go-to meal at the pit?

MS: A bagel! And I also love the premade salads they have, and of course, a diet coke.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

MS: This Is Us, it’s amazing.

HC: Do you have any advice for freshman or underclassman looking to get involved on campus?

MS: Put your name out there and get yourself involved in a lot of things and then narrow it down based on what your passionate about. Also, go deep into one activity or club your passionate about.

photos courtesy of Megan Schwarzkopf

Girly girl. Pinterest addict. Actress.
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!