Home for the Holidays: HC Celebrates Thanksgiving with Our Families

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Though short and sweet, Thanksgiving break is the one time when nearly every Wake student returns home to spend time with family. Sure, people travel all over for Christmas, Hanukah and every other wintertime holiday in between, but Thanksgiving is when we get together as big extended families (for better or for worse) and gorge on an atrocious amount of turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Here’s a little glimpse of what some of the HC photographers did on their treks back home this Thanksgiving! 

Jackie Swoyer is a rising senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Economics. While her collegiate years have been spent in the Carolinas, this aspiring marketer currently calls Cincinnati, Ohio home...although she has spent years moving all over the country and beyond (including a five year period in Europe!). She is currently prepping for a summer internship in the Frito Lay Marketing Division in Plano, Texas, a new stop on her geographical repertoire. An avid reader of all things Her Campus, Jackie also loves to write, listen to Pandora, practice her cooking skills, and find live music anywhere she can.