Freshmen Problems: Date Function Timeline

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

*Photo from hercampus.com.

4:00-5:39pm: Nap. A Friday and Saturday afternoon must! How else am I going to dance until the early hours of the morning? Rally time.

5:39: Get text from friend: “Meeting in front of Bostwick at 5:45pm for dinner.” *Immediately jump out of bed.*

5:39-5:44: Make myself look presentable. Pants? Check. Hair brushed? Yup.

5:45: Pile into the car. Country music bumping (“This is how we rolllll; we hanging ‘round singing everything on the radioooo”).

6: Sit down at a chic restaurant (and I’m fifth wheeling). So, I found out last minute that my date needed to work until the start of the pre game. But was I going to let a little wrinkle ruin my whole evening? Hell no!

*Photo from cooklime.com.

6-7: Nom-ing. The restaurant had deep fried bread. Deep fried bread! OMG so southern! 

7:15: Girls mention all the primping we have to do to get ready… and we proceed to head back *cue country music* (“Life is a highway! I wanna drive it all night longgg!”)

7:30-8:30: Blast music while multitasking. I hear that it is possible to curl your hair, brush your teeth, and warm up your dance moves all at the same time! Because clearly I didn’t try that out myself. Take one last look in the mirror (AKA check myself out in a Snapchat selfie).

*Photo from elitedaily.com.

8:31pm: Flouncing in my knee-length full white skirt and mint crop top complete with my not-yet-decorated chucks. I walked down the stairs Princess Diaries style to meet my date in the foyer. *Cue awkward.*

8:40pm: Meet up with my sorority sisters and their dates for an Insta photo shoot. Throw what you know!

8:45-9: Walk across campus to the halls. Try to not think about the cold. Think warm thoughts. Hot chocolate. Palm trees. Frat basements.

9-10: Pre game the pre game.

10-11: Take the elevator down to the actual pre game.

11: Squeal that it’s time to head to the date function. There may have been a spontaneous race across the Quad. Not because it was cold and we wanted to get inside. You could say we all had some bubbly energy.

*Image from stubbornthoughts.com.

11:10: Enter that date function like a boss. Or Beyonce.

11:30-1: Shake what your momma gave you with your sisters.

1am: Oh, he says he has an early morning tomorrow? And he needs to leave? Now? I guess my sisters can look after me. *Cue awkward hug.*

1:30: Call our buddy to drive us home. There are some genuine guys out there who look after their girl friends!

2: Plop into bed. I probably should take off my make up…one more Instagram check…ok, I’ll read through Yik Yak. And scroll through the pictures on my camera roll from the night. Eyes. Getting. Heavy. Night!

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.