Fashion in the Forest: How to be comfortable while studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

My goal for finals week is always to be very comfy and warm, but also cute because you never know whom you are going to run into. To accomplish this, start by toning down the jewelry because it is just cumbersome and unnecessary when you are buried under books. Then, try and channel that boho-chic look, which is extremely comfortable! The key is loose, warm layers. If you have been reading my articles this semester then you can probably guess that I would recommend monochromatic layers because it is so easy! Wearing shades of the same color is elegant and makes you look less like a hobo and more like a stressed, but fashionable college student.

Tip 1: I am always cold when studying in the library so I find that warm layers are key. I love wearing huge knit socks under my boots because it not only adds warmth, but makes me feel a little edgier than usual!

Tip 2: If you aren’t really in the mood to shower or you are camping out in the library for a significant period of time, a bun is key. Not only is it the classiest thing you can do with your hair, but it also looks awesome even if your hair is gross and not washed. 

Tip 3: I just found this picture on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect outfit for studying if you aren’t a leggings person. Put on a maxi dress and a loose sweater. It is like you are covering your body with blankets! How could that be bad? Anyway, this look is very boho-chic and will definitely impress that guy in your study group!

Tip 4: I am the kind of person who, if I am wearing sweatpants or anything pajama-like, I will sleep instead of working. So it is vital for me to put on real clothes that are warm. I am all about sweaters and button-downs, so that is normally what I stick with during finals. However, sometimes it is fun to mix it up with bright colors or flannel.

If you are feeling bored or in need of some inspiration this week, try a bright outfit that makes you happy! Good luck on finals and see you next semester! Don’t forget to check out the Fashion in the Forest Pinterest page here

Taylor Curry

Wake Forest

Hello all! My name is Taylor and I am a junior here at Wake. I am so excited about writing for Her Campus again this semester and check out my Fashion in the Forest blog posts every other week. Also check out the Fashion in the Forest Pinterest page or email me at hcfashionintheforest@gmail.com!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.