Emily Giffin Visits HC at her Alma Mater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It was an exciting evening of dresses, lights, speeches, pictures, refreshments and book signings. New York Times bestseller Emily Giffin visited Her Campus at Wake Forest last week. She took the stage with style (SUCH a cute dress, right?) and evoked dazzling smiles and genuine laughter from an eager audience. It truly was one of the most enjoyable, educating and entertaining lectures I’ve ever attended. We here at HC were so honored that she took time to visit Wake Forest, share her story and offer advice for aspiring writers. Her journey from an unsatisfied lawyer to bestselling novelist was tryly inspiring. Be sure check out her books, such as Something Borrowed, which is being made into a movie starring Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin, in theatres May 6.

*Photography by Karleigh Ash and Elise Wallace

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.