Chic for Cheap: Wear Your Chucks Like Kylie Jenner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Wake Forest is known for its traditions: Lovefeast, tailgating, Rolling the Quad, Shag on the Mag, etc. However, one little-known tradition, at least to the outside world, is the adoption of Chuck Taylors as a sorority brand.

All eight WFU sororities have respective “Chucks”. Members wear the color pertaining to their sorority and often decorate the shoes with mottos, symbols, and letters. There’s green for Kappa Delta, aqua for ADPi, red for Chi O, navy for KKG; the list goes on and on. Who knows where the statement originated? But like it or not, it is original to Wake Forest sorority life and stands out in campus fashion.

As new members show off their freshly-decorated Chucks, I did a little research of my own on this particular WFU fad. Check out my latest styling suggestion in this week’s Chic for Cheap!

KYLIE JENNER, reality TV and social media star

I know it’s winter, but that doesn’t really stop Wake girls from sporting their crop tops… Throw on a coat when you run between buildings and you’ll be just fine, collegiettes.

Jenner’s look is casual and cool. She seems like she’s not trying too hard – effortlessly chic in her Chucks. A striped shirt like this won’t distract from the fun color of your Converse, and the boyfriend jeans keep the look practical, yet relaxed. Everything goes with the chill, “I didn’t think twice about this” Chuck Taylor vibe.

Get the look:

Chuck Taylor All Star for $55

Distressed Boyfriend Jeans for $32.90 at Forever 21 

Boyfriend Distressed Skinny Ankle Jeans for $39.94 at Old Navy

Short Sleeve Ringer Tee for $14.99 at Charlotte Russe

Women’s Cropped Ballet T-Shirt – Mossimo Supply Co.™ (Junior’s) for $12.99 at Target

Striped Crop Top for $5.99 at Forever 21

Dress this look up a bit for class with fitted ankle jeans or leather pants, but keep the colors simple – the shoe is the star here. Congrats to the new sorority members on a fun purchase. But even if you aren’t Greek, grab a pair of Chucks to enjoy this fun and easy style. The colors and patterns are endless, and heels, booties, and flats are overrated on a Wednesday morning… As always, it’s not what you wear but how you wear it!

*Cover image from The Hunt and People

Isabelle Vail

Wake Forest

https://www.hercampus.com/school/wake-forest
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus