This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

New York Fashion Week happened. It was marvelous, to say the least. As a fashion lover, I spent endless hours recapping on Instagram and refreshing Vogue’s website. During this chilly week in NYC, models hopped from one show to the next, and Lady Gaga debuted on the Marc Jacobs runway (…interesting…).

But what really caught my eye was a trend that slowly has been picked up by high-fashion circles. Proenza Schouler integrated it into every look: criss-crossing. It’s corset-inspired and revealing. The intricate woven straps are powerful and playful. You’re young, you’re beautiful, and honestly, as a college girl, your body is probably in its heyday (unless you’re a Kardashian and bounce back from pregnancy to ungodly attractiveness). If you’re ever going to pull of this daring trend, it’s now. So let’s mimic this inspiration for less!

Proenza Schouler Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear

This time, it’s not a simple street-style look, so let’s see a few ways to incorporate criss-crossing into your next outfit:

Crop Top

Lace-Up Crop Top at Forever 21 for $17.90

Maxi Dress

Crisscross Back Maxi Dress at Forever 21 for $22.90

Mini Dress

Contemporary Lace-Up Shift Dress at Forever 21 for $29.90

Lace-Up Back Dress at Forever 21 for $22.90

Lace-Up Sheath Dress at Forever 21 for $29.90

That about covers it! Shout out to Forever 21 for hooking us up with some cheap finds in this trend. Be daring and show off what your momma gave you, collegiettes. And keep in mind: it’s not what you wear, but how you wear it.

*Cover image from AliExpress

Isabelle Vail

Wake Forest

https://www.hercampus.com/school/wake-forest
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus