Style > Beauty

Beauty Blog: How to Fight the Stress Breakout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Finals are approaching. You’re stressed out, sleep-deprived and your diet consists of… well, let’s be honest, anything with sugar in it. Needless to say, your skin isn’t agreeing with your lifestyle choices, and you’re starting to feel like the breakouts are taking over your life — as if finals didn’t do a good enough job of that already! So, you turn to every single product on the market that is labelled “acne fighting”, “anti-breakout” or “zero zits”. Unfortunately, the only thing that seems to happen is that your skin is now irritated, flaky… and on top of that, you’re still breaking out. Before you pronounce your skin a hopeless case, give the latest skincare trend — probiotics — a chance. Believe it or not, but it seems to be doing wonders on break-prone and sensitive skin!

So what the heck are probiotics anyways?! Basically, it is bacteria that occurs naturally in our digestive system – I know this may sound a little sketchy, but bear with me! It is crucial to our internal digestive health, and has further been proven to benefit our overall health through boosting our immune system and limiting the amount of unhealthy bacteria in our intestine.

Aurelia Miracle Cleanser, $34 on aureliaskincare.com.

Probiotic skincare contains probiotic bacteria (and a bunch of other skin-goodies!), which helps restore and maintain the natural balance of your skin – no matter if you have dry, oily or sensitive skin! 

Acure Sensitive Facial Cream, $19.15 on Amazon.com (photo source).

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.