4 Ways to Stop Stressing this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Spring is supposed to be fun—the weather is warm, the sun is shining, and summer is just around the corner! Yet, with midterms and finals, pressure to find an internship or job, and the overall realization of another school year gone, it can turn into a time of major stress. Here’s are four great ways to shake off the worry and press the reset button!

1. MEDITATE

*Image from crochet-knit.com. 

I’m not just talking about the traditional cross-legged “ohm” moment here. Meditation really means taking time to be present and forget about the internal stress. This can be in a yoga class offered at the Miller Center or simply taking five minutes out of a hectic day to sit, close your eyes, and let everything go. Doing this once a day, even for a few minutes, will really help to take the edge off and clear your mind.

2. GO PHONE-FREE

*Image from favim.com.

This one can be tough, but so worth it. Take one day out of the week and detach from your techie accessories and avoid all social media bases. Unplugging from the constant buzz of texts, tweets, chats, and posts can really help to calm down your day and promote relaxation.

3. MAKE A RELAXATION PLAYLIST

For someone who loves music, this is my favorite tip—and the easiest. Make a playlist dedicated to your favorite songs—upbeat or chill—that make you feel recharged or relaxed. Label it, save it, and scroll through it whenever things get overwhelming or you need a boost of confidence.

4. JOURNAL

*Image from humansofnewyork.com.

This is the top tip you’ll probably find out there for promoting mental health—and its there for a reason! You don’t have to write a novel every day about your classes, but jotting down a list of positive things each night (anything as simple as a good breakfast to a job promotion, really anything that makes you happy) will remind you how there are pieces of good in each day!

Do you have any relaxation tips, collegiettes? Share this post and comment your ideas! 

Megan Schmit

Wake Forest

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.