Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ten Must-Haves in Your Wardrobe

Ten Must-Haves in Your Wardrobe
By Sarah Worley

You open your closet 15 minutes before you have to catch the bus and exasperatingly exclaim, “I have nothing to wear!” We’ve all been there; we’ve all done it.  You overslept and now you need to throw on something other than sweats to make you look somewhat presentable for the day of class and meetings ahead. But currently, your closet is full of grunged out T-shirts and last-seasons throw-aways.  With these classic pieces, and few statement accessories you’ll have several outfit combinations you can’t go wrong with. And just a word of advice: don’t be afraid to spend a little money on these pieces; these pieces will never go out of style and are something you can use as a base for an even bigger wardrobe!

1. White Oxford

Megan Solid Oxford Shirt available at ralphlauren.com for $89.50

A crisp, white Ralph Lauren Polo oxford is key to any prep’s wardrobe. This is the layering base for fall and winter, and can even transition you over to spring and summer to wear with a those bright colored shorts.  In fall and winter, layer it under a cardigan or chunky knit sweater.  If you can’t find a shirt to go with a brightly colored or printed bottom, this is the go-to shirt. 

Pages

You Might Also Like...
Fill out my online form.