This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

So it’s a Saturday morning and you’ve got to get some cardio in. By the time you’ve pulled yourself out of bed and trekked through the icy weather to the gym, you’re not in the mood for a high-intensity workout. You don’t have enough concentration to keep a bike or elliptical going without “Pedal Faster” flashing across the screen. This is the perfect day for “Netflix and ‘Mill”. The greatest thing about the treadmill is that it does the concentrating for you, so you’re free to distract yourself with a Netflix session. However, sometimes it’s hard to find something to watch, especially if there isn’t a show you’ve been following. So here’s a compiled list of fan-favorite episodes from popular Netflix dramas and sitcoms.

SITCOMS Sitcoms are nice for a brief workout, as long as you don’t mind the odd looks you’ll get when laughing out loud in the middle of the gym. It’s easy to watch a random episode without any context since the plotline isn’t very in-depth.Hint: The pilot episodes of sitcoms are usually amazing, so always try Season 1, Episode 1.  How I Met Your Mother

HIMYM is a nine-season CBS sitcom best known for the playboy character of Barney Stinson and his quote, “Legen- wait for it- dary!” life. It follows the lead character, Ted Mosby, in his stumbling search for love and adventures with his friends in New York City.

Season 1, Episode 6 “The Slutty Pumpkin”

Season 2, Episode 9 “Slap Bet”

Season 3, Episode 9 “Slapsgiving”

Season 4, Episode 4 “Intervention”

Season 7, Episode 3 “Ducky Tie”

Season 7, Episode 8 “The Slutty Pumpkin Returns”

Malcolm in the Middle

This show from the early-2000s stars Frankie Muniz as Malcolm, the middle child of the world’s most dysfunctional family.

Season 1, Episode 2 “The Red Dress”

Season 1, Episode 10 “Stock Car Races”

Season 2, Episode 14 “Hal Quits”

Season 3, Episode 7 “Christmas”

Season 4, Episode 3 “Family Reunion”

Season 7, Episode 16 “Lois Strikes Back”

The Office (US)

Originally starring Steve Carell, The Office is set at a fictional paper company where hilariously original characters work for the world’s most incompetent boss. Through nine seasons, the characters change, find love and struggle to come to terms with the conditions they work in.

Season 1, Episode 4 “The Alliance”

Season 2, Episode 2 “Sexual Harassment”

Season 2, Episode 3 “Office Olympics”

Season 2, Episode 12 “The Injury”

Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2 “Fun Run”

Season 5, Episode 13 “Stress Relief”

DRAMAS

Dramas don’t always have to be binge-watched. While there are often more in-depth plotlines, there are also plenty of great episodes that don’t need much context.

Criminal Minds

This 10-season crime drama follows a specialized team that profiles and investigates serial killers. The team members have close relationships and find comfort in each other when the harsh nature of their jobs catches up with them.

**Warning: Some of these episodes are gruesome.

Season 3, Episode 8 “Lucky”

Season 3, Episode 9 “Penelope”

Season 4, Episode 20 “Conflicted”

Season 4, Episode 22 “The Big Wheel”

Season 8, Episode 8 “Wheels on the Bus”

House

House follows the pessimistic Dr. House as he and his team of doctors solve medical mysteries.

Season 1, Episode 1 “Detox” (This pilot episode gives all the context you’ll need to watch more)

Season 1, Episode 21 “Three Stories”

Season 2, Episode 2 “Autopsy”

Season 2, Episode 17 “All In”

Season 5, Episode 7 “My Way Home”

Season 5, Episode 24 “Both Sides Now”

Scrubs

With humorous characters, this is a more light-hearted medical drama than House. This comedy-drama from the early-2000’s follows Dr. “J.D.” Dorian on his journey toward  becoming a doctor, beginning on his first day as a medical intern at Sacred Heart Hospital. The episodes are only 22 minutes long, so this show is perfect for a short binge session on the treadmill.

Season 1, Episode 1 “My First Day”

Season 1, Episode 4 “My Old Lady”

Season 1, Episode 24 “My Last Day”

Season 3, Episode 14 “My Screw Up”

Season 6, Episode 6 “My Musical”

For continued viewing, check out this list of Psych‘s top episodes from TVMOUSE and IMDb for more episodes of House and Scrubs 

Megan Church, or Maury, is a writer and editor for Virginia Tech's chapter of Her Campus. She studies at Virginia Tech, majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Professional and Technical Writing. With a passion for writing and experience in journalism, Maury excitedly joined the team that brought Her Campus back to life at Virginia Tech.
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.