This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Being someone who’s really into the entertainment world, I’m always on the lookout for upcoming movies that captivate my attention or seem really interesting. I’m always in the mood to go and see a movie, whenever it may be, but with summer quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time for several blockbusters to be released. Plus, now that us students get a break from school — hopefully getting more free time — we have more opportunities to go catch a film. Here are some upcoming summer movies to look forward to:

Incredibles 2

The long-awaited sequel to the popular animated Disney film is finally being released this summer on June 15. Fourteen years after the movie launched, the movie still picks up from where it left off. While most of the original cast is still in the movie, this time the plot revolves around Mr. Incredible taking care of the kids.

Ocean’s 8

This is one I am really excited for! While I haven’t seen the original version, this movie is a spin on the Ocean’s Trilogy. However, this time around it is an all-female cast. Starring Sandra Bullock, Mindy Kaling and Rihanna, just to name a few. The film is a comedy that is centered around a female heist crew that comes up with a plan to rob the Met Gala. Ocean’s 8 will premiere on June 8.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Yet another sequel, Fallen Kingdom will be released June 22. Starring both Chris Pratt (Owen Grady) and Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire Dearing) again, the movie follows the dinosaurs from the previous film. In this one, they may be facing the possibility of extinction from a volcanic eruption. Claire recruits Owen to form a protection group and rescue the dinosaurs that are in danger.

I Feel Pretty

Starring Amy Schumer, this movie tackles the topic of insecurity especially among females. This movie, though a comedy, can be seen as a very empowering and a much-needed film for today’s society. The story involves a woman, Renee, who is usually insecure, mainly about her physical features, but somehow wakes up one day feeling super confident, despite looking the exact same as she always did. Set to be released April 20, this movie seems like the perfect one to go see with a bunch of your girlfriends and come out feeling empowered. Especially perfect for the summer!

Image Sources: 1/2/3/4

Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!