This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

With sunshine, clear skies and the ideal temperature, Friday was an unusually perfect day for organizations to gather on the Drillfield for Gobblerfest 2017. Stocked with an assortment of sponsored product, a homemade prize wheel, our HC shirts and our comrades, we set out to advocate for the Her Campus brand. Here are a few of the highlights. If you missed out on our booth, we encourage you to browse through our open positions and follow us on social media to stay tuned for future updates and contest opportunities. But first, here’s a little bit more about our chapter. 

Having re-launched in March 2016, Her Campus Virginia Tech experienced it’s second annual Gobblerfest as a young team with the Pink status held by only top tier chapters.

About Us

Her Campus is the #1 online magazine for college women, and each chapter produces content weekly, covering a range of topics like: fashion, lifestyle content, politics, current events, local news and so much more! We consider our site the hub for all things Virginia Tech for VT women. If you are an English major, Communications major or simply have a passion for writing, blogging or journalism, then we encourage you to apply to be a writer for Fall 2017

As a brand with both a regional and international presence, operating over 300 chapters worldwide, Her Campus celebrates the passions of young women, while developing career-related skills. With over 45 team members, our chapter seeks to expand even more. In addition to writing, there are positions on our marketing team. If you have an interest in the data behind our readership or how our social media performance can be improved, this is the role for you. On our marketing team, you will work directly with the Marketing & Publicity Directors to develop social campaigns, analyze data and improve the content we create. 

If you are looking to get involved in a meaningful way but don’t see a fit in a writing or marketing position, then consider joining our Street Team! Our Street Team works directly with our Events Director to prepare events, engage directly with students on campus and represent the brand. 

Tradition & Community

We have numerous traditions that make our team a rewarding organization to join. Each winter, we host our annual Media Mixer which unifies media organizations on campus and increases collaboration between them. (Plus, we think it’s a great excuse to dress up in cocktail attire and have a formal night.) We also like to collaborate with organizations which empower women, and a few recent partnerships include those with the Virginia Tech Women’s Center and VT Pink. 

Another prized feature of joining our Her Campus chapter is you gain career experience while building your immediate community. Between hosting our bi-weekly meetings, we encourage team bonding festivities. In the past, we hosted our fall team bonding event at Joe’s Tree Farm, creating the perfect opportunity to update your Instagram with a pumpkin patch pic and all the goodness of fall outfit layering. Other immediate ways to get involved include joining our growing creative team. Positions are open on our creative team as a Content Creator, Videographer or Photographer! Build your portfolio and contribute your artistic talents to an inspiring group of women. 

So, what do you say? Want to join our team? 

Images are credited to Her Campus Virginia Tech. 

Connect with us on Instagram: @HerCampusVirginiaTech / Twitter: @HCVirginiaTech / Facebook: Her Campus Virginia Tech / Snapchat: @HerCampusVT

Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.