The Countdown to Christmas is Finally Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Let’s face it, Thanksgiving was just the pregame for Christmas. Now, the real fun begins. With only a few weeks left until Christmas, the countdown is on! Here are eight reasons to get excited for the holidays!

1. No class

Even though we’re already excited for Christmas, the real fun doesn’t start until exams are over. With the stress of finals behind you, it’s time to really get in the Christmas spirit!

2. Food

The holidays are the perfect time to eat anything and everything. From baking Christmas cookies to eating home cooked meals, you’ll never be hungry. 

3. Decorating

Whether your family goes all out with decorating or if just a christmas tree is enough for you, decorating is a Christmas time essential.

4. Christmas Movies

Elf. A Christmas Story. Polar Express. Need I say more?

5. Shopping

Shopping for Christmas is insane. Buying gifts for friends and family is fun, and let’s be honest, treating yourself isn’t so bad either.

6. Gifts

Everything surrounding Christmas day is great, but we can’t deny that opening gifts Christmas morning is one of the best things ever.

7. Christmas music

Whether it’s Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” or Justin Bieber’s Christmas album (my personal fave), you can’t go anywhere in December without hearing Christmas music and singing along.

8. Family time

When it comes down to it, spending time with family and friends is the best part of the holidays. Food, gifts, movies, and music would be nothing without your loved ones by your side.

Image Sources: GIFs from Giphy.com

Monica Becerra

Virginia Tech

Multimedia Journalism at Virginia Tech. Chocolate lover and One Direction enthusiast. 
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!