This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Have you ever traversed the internet for the unsolicited truth from males? — If yes, then you are in luck. This week, we are introducing a new segment which gives us a peek inside the minds of our very own: the guys of Virginia Tech. For this first prompt, Her Campus at Virginia Tech asked some guys on campus: “What’s the first thing you notice in a girl?” The answers varied from the honest appreciation for a specific feature to the unique. As women, we can’t help but enjoy getting a different perspective. Enjoy! 

“I notice whether or not a girl has a sense of humor and can joke around without taking herself too seriously, because it’s important for the girl you’re with to be herself around you. It’s nice to have someone you can laugh with!”

– Thomas, Class of 2019

“I would say the first thing I notice is her smile or her personality, whether she seems fun and outgoing or not”

-Anonymous, Class of 2017

“I wish I was classy so I could say personality, but really I go for the booty.”

-Chase, Class of 2017

“In all honesty, beauty. Not even a word said and it can send you dreaming”

-Mauri Vargas, Class of 2017

“I think I would say, someone I can laugh with and be myself around.”

-Bryan, Class of 2017

“Eyes”

Billy, Class of 2018

“Clean, healthy, long hair”

-Bobby, Class of 2018

“Smile and teeth”

-Danny, Class of 2018

“Legs.”

-Anonymous

“Face. Eyes… This is kind of hard to answer because my girlfriend is right here.”

-Chris, Class of 2019

“Hair”

-Tim, Class of 2018

“Eyes and humor”

-Brian, Class of 2019

“ Confidence and how laid back they are”

-Casey, Class of 2019

“Definitely her posture: if she stands up straight, or if she is timid.”

-Rocky, Class of 2018

“The first thing I notice is their hair. Hair can make a girl look put together.”

-Billy, Class of 2019

“Her face.”

-Jordan, Class of 2017

“I always notice how much makeup she wears.”

-Anonymous

“Her eyes or hair.”

-Darius, Class of 2018

“Personality and eyes.”

-Jahque, Class of 2019

“Either eyes or teeth. Bright-colored eyes catch my attention.”

-Zorian, Class of 2019

We hope you enjoyed this new segment! Have an idea of what we should ask next? Comment your thoughts and suggestions below. 

Bailey Black

Virginia Tech

I'm a Virginia Tech junior pursuing a major in Public Relations; a minor in Dress, Culture, and Society; and a minor/cognate in Marketing and Event Management. You can usually find me blogging, taking photos, listening to music, playing with makeup, organizing my planner or cooking up a healthy meal. I love giving advice on beauty, fashion, health and the college lifestyle, and I'm so thankful to be working with Her Campus!
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.
Allison Rathert

Virginia Tech '19

Allison is Criminology Major at Virginia Tech, also minoring in Business and National Security & Foreign Affairs. She is obsessed with coffee, chocolate, old movies, writing, photography, animals, and spontaneous adventures!
Megan Church, or Maury, is a writer and editor for Virginia Tech's chapter of Her Campus. She studies at Virginia Tech, majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Professional and Technical Writing. With a passion for writing and experience in journalism, Maury excitedly joined the team that brought Her Campus back to life at Virginia Tech.
Hi,My name is Lissandra Cartagena and I'm a freshman at Virginia Tech majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Design. I love being a part of the Her Campus management team at Virginia Tech just as much as I love fashion, shopping, and eating :)
A southern surf enthusiast who's terrified of whales but loves them in cheesy cracker form. Oh yea and fashion.
Sara is a Junior at VT studying Multimedia Journalism and Africana Studies. Way to her heart: Taco Bell, makeup, shopping. In that order.
Catie-Reagan Palmore is an aspiring Londoner and cat lady. She is currently in her third year at Virginia Tech with plans to graduate in Spring 2017. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre with focuses in Costume Design and Performance. Her minor is in International Fashion. In May she will finish her certificate in Fashion Business at Parsons. One of her favorite things about being a Hokie is being a photographer for Humans of Virginia Tech.