This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

With finals season quickly approaching, odds are you could find yourself panicking over how you’re going to prepare . Over the next couple of weeks, you’ll probably find yourself hiding in a booth at the library, chugging excessive amounts of coffee and calculating what the lowest grade is that you can get on your final exam to keep that B in class. Here are a few of my favorite finals preparation tricks. 

Make sure you get enough sleep  

You’re probably going to want to study as much as you possibly can before finals (or cram because you haven’t gotten a chance to study at all), so odds are you’re going to be pulling an all-nighter….or maybe a few. In order to make sure you get a good amount of sleep every night, give yourself a cut-off time. Tell yourself that you’ll put the books and flashcards away by 11pm each night, that way you’ll make sure you get a decent amount of sleep.                               

Spend some time with close friends

Whether you’re going for a girls’ night out or just staying in and watching a movie with some fresh popcorn, spending a day with your closest gal pals is a great way to refocus your mind! Taking a break for an evening and talking about everything new in each other’s lives is a perfect way to refresh yourself before finals begin. 

Give Yourself a Spa Night  

Start your night off with a nice warm bubble bath and maybe a glass of wine (or two). Treat yourself to a relaxing face mask and paint your nails and toes. I always love treating myself to a relaxing evening, especially when I’m stressed.

Read a Great Book or Watch Your Favorite Movie  

Everyone has a favorite book or movie that they love to curl up in bed or on the couch to watch. Grab a hot cup of tea, coffee, or hot cocoa, make a bowl of popcorn and throw on your favorite pajamas! Don’t forget the tissues if you’re watching “The Notebook” or “Titanic.”              

Cook Yourself a Nice Dinner  

There’s nothing like coming home from a long day of classes and sitting down to eat your favorite meal. It’s nice coming home and cooking something that doesn’t require a microwave. Making pasta is so filling and you may have leftovers for the next day, which is less cooking and less to worry about.  

Get in a Great Workout at the Gym

Hitting the gym after a stressful day is definitely a great way to relax. Running out all of your problems on the treadmill or getting in some extra squats always feels great whenever you’re under a ton of pressure from finals.

Treat Yo Self

Everyone has a few special things that they really enjoy doing to relieve stress. A simple stress relief solution: treat yo’ self! 

These are all just my suggestions and things I enjoy doing, but at the end of the day, it’s all about what works best for you!  

Photo credit: Unsplash.com           Giphy.com

Missy Powell

Virginia Tech

Hi everyone! I'm Missy, and I'm currently a junior at Virginia Tech studying Multimedia Journalism! I'm so excited to be writing for Her Campus and to share some awesome stuff with the ladies of Virginia Tech! I love anything related to sports and music, and I am a huge advocate for mental health awareness. I love to throw my personality into everything I write (which is mainly humor and sarcasm), so be prepared for a few good laughs!
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!