This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

1. Christmas Crack Chex Mix

Not your average Chex Mix. It’s similar to Muddy Buddies, there just isn’t any peanut butter or powdered sugar involved. A normal Chex Mix base is then mixed with holiday themed M&M’s or another chocolate of your choosing and then coated with melted white chocolate. It’s a great treat for parties or to leave out to munch on throughout the day.

1. S’mores Popcorn Balls

S’mores are great, but sitting out in the cold by a fire in the winter is not. This treat is a fun way to get the taste of s’mores without having to sit outside and roast marshmallows. This is great recipe for kids and adults alike and would be a fun treat for the whole family to make together.

1. Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

Chocolate cookies are delicious, but add a peppermint kiss and it becomes a refreshing treat that rivals Thin Mints. These cookies are easy and can be changed throughout the year to fit the flavor of the season. They are delicious bite-sized cookies that will be a hit at any holiday event.

1. White Chocolate Reindeer Popcorn

Another great treat for a holiday party or movie night with the family. Popcorn covered in chocolate, mixed with holiday chocolates and pretzels is a treat that anyone would enjoy. Salty and sweet is the best combination, and this treat is exactly that.

1. Reindeer Rice Krispies

Who doesn’t love something on a popsicle stick that’s not only sweet but festive? Rice Krispie treats are a staple year round, but stick a festive face on them and they’ll become the most requested treat in your baking arsenal. It’s simple enough that it would be a great way to get the kids involved in making the holiday treats for their friends, family and teachers.

1. Cookie Bars

I love cookie bars. Last year was my first time making them with my mother and they were a hit not only in my household, but amongst all of my relatives as well. They’re soft, sweet and are only made better by the addition of M&M’s or another holiday-themed chocolate candy.

1. Apple Pie Dip

Apple pie is the quintessential American dessert. Apple pie is not the easiest thing to make, even if you use store-bought crusts. This dip gives you every good thing about apple pie without the hard work. If you brought this to a holiday party you’d have everyone else begging you for the recipe.

1. Cinnamon Sugar Pecans

If you want your house to smell great and your friends and family to adore you then this is a treat you should try. It’s great for those people in your life who love nuts, like my grandpa who always gets a can of roasted peanuts every year for Christmas. It’ll go quick but put it out for people to munch on and everyone will stop by for a handful until the bowl is empty.

1. Christmas Crack

This is the best, and I do mean best, holiday treat I’ve ever tried. I always hope that my friend will bring some of her mom’s to share because it is salty, sweet, crunchy, chocolatey and damn right delicious. I could go through an entire pan if I let myself; it’s really that good.

1. Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies

“NO! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!” – Gingerbread Man (Shrek)

You don’t have to worry about anyone losing their buttons with these gingerbread cookies. These are the perfect cookie, with the outside being crisp and the inside being soft and fluffy. This would pair well with a mug of eggnog, a warm fire and a classic holiday movie.

Image Sources:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10

Ashleigh Griffin

Virginia Tech '19

Ashleigh is a graduate from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.  She received a Bachelor's of Science in Food Science and Technology. Her future career will hopefully combine both her knowledge of the food industry and the importance of marketing and brand management. 
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.