Style Spotlight: Anjelica Cervantes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

This week we raid the wardrobe of Anjelica Cervantes, junior Civil Engineering major from Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.  From simple and elegant to vaguely steampunk, Anjel casts away the fashion magazines and owns her creative style.   

TIGHTS

One of the most painful things about transitioning to cold weather is watching all the color go out of my wardrobe. Tights are a fantastic way to winterize skirts and dresses we don’t want to send home during break—but why stick with black and gray? Anjel’s use of bright colors and lace designs keep her fall clothes fun. 

EARRINGS

Earrings are never a bad idea. They can be a subtle complement to the rest of your outfit… or they can be something you throw on to look nice because you overslept half an hour and your brain can’t process anything more complicated than jeans and a t-shirt. In any case, we love Anjel’s wide arsenal of earrings! She makes many of them herself, some of which can be purchased from her Etsy shop (link at the bottom.)  

SHOES

You won’t find any Uggs in Anjel’s closet. Her tendency to play with colors and shapes goes all the way to her toes with comfortable heels, booties, and patterned flats.

HAIR

New school year, new season… new hair? Don’t be afraid to break out of your comfort zone this fall—more and more celebrities like Charlize Theron and January Jones have been joining the “short hair, don’t care” club. No reason to stop at cut, either— nontraditional hair colors are easier than people tend to assume. Anjel’s been rocking Special Effects “Blue Mayhem” for a year and a half! 

Kimberly TowerFrench and Political Science Double MajorLe Cercle Français Co-PresidentGay-Straight Coalition Steering CommitteeVillanova University Class of 2015 
Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.