Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Villanova News

Tips, Tricks and Gifs for Landing Your Summer Internship

By Samantha Galasso
March 29, 2014 - 9:26pm

The Best of L'Wren Scott

By Samantha Galasso
March 22, 2014 - 9:23pm

The passing of acclaimed fashion designer L'Wren Scott has rocked the fashion world. The 49 year old took her own life on Monday, leaving behind a long list of clients and a successful career. In 2011, Sarah Jessica Parker, a longtime client of Scott's, said, "I think L’Wren has an extraordinary ability to make dresses that genuinely flatter a woman. She makes an unbelievably contemporary dress in a remarkably old-fashioned way for all sorts of women and body types.” In honor of L'Wren, we've collected some of her best red carpet designs.    READ MORE

22 Things to Do at Villanova Before You Graduate

By Mary Lister
February 28, 2014 - 8:58pm

College doesn't last forever, so we've compiled a list of activities you should do before you graduate! READ MORE

From Simple to Wild: Spring 2014 Fashion Trends

By Nicole O'Donnell
January 22, 2014 - 10:57am

Although it’s mid-January and the majority of us are treasuring our parkas, scarves, and gloves, the fashion world has put the winter months far behind it, as designers send their springtime collections down the runways. This spring, the fashion world has exhibited everything from simple collections to those that highlight their eccentricity through the use of bright colors and patterns. The most prominent runway trends this season have included global inspired prints, menswear (with an emphasis on the oxford shirt), prints influenced by abstract art, metallics, and sportswear. READ MORE

Why it's Good to be Single Over the Holidays

By Calli White
December 13, 2013 - 1:45pm

Movies and TV shows would have you believe that the holidays are depressing and lonely without a boyfriend or girlfriend to share them with, but I say the media has it all wrong. Not being in a relationship doesn’t mean your break will be less fulfilling! We actually have the better end of the deal and I’ll show you why. So here are my top five reasons that it’s so much better to be single over the holidays. READ MORE

Isabel Marant collaborates with H&M for new line, falls short on orders

By Nicole O'Donnell
December 1, 2013 - 11:01am

Designer Isabel Marant is known worldwide for her comfortable, flattering clothes. Marant describes her clothes as “the clothes she usually packs in her bag on trips.” They’re comfortable, cozy, and not to mention incredibly chic.               Marant hails from Paris, and it’s no surprise: her new line has been described as Parisian chic with a bohemian flare. Her line for H&M includes a variety of eclectically printed sweaters, leather pants, printed blouses, and an assortment of jewelry.  The prices are slightly higher than what one would normally be paying at an H&M, but Marant’s clothes are high quality, and in reality, you’re getting the bang for your buck.  ...

The Story of Glory: How Villanova Beat Kansas As Told By Twitter

By Samantha Galasso
November 30, 2013 - 4:29am

Four Fall Desserts That Are Easier Than You Think!

By Kimberly Tower
November 23, 2013 - 4:18pm

Everyone will think you're some kind of culinary queen. Shh, don't bother correcting them.  Thanksgiving is coming up quickly. Your mom may not trust you to make the turkey, but that doesn't mean you can't pitch in. Here are some delicious desserts you can make on your own that will impress the whole family.  [pagebreak] SWEET ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS READ MORE

This Week's Most Talked About Videos

By Calli White
November 13, 2013 - 7:01pm

In this week’s entertainment news, there have been quite a few videos circulating the web, gaining millions of hits in the process. Among the most popular are some drunken shenanigans involving stolen animals, a popstar filmed sleeping by a prostitute and a legendary funnyman seemingly killing an elderly actress. READ MORE

Halloween Movie Classics

By Calli White
October 22, 2013 - 7:26pm

Halloween is one of those holidays that changes drastically for every person as they grow older. As children, Halloween is all about dressing up in costumes, begging for candy, and carving pumpkins. But once trick or treating starts to lose its appeal, the horror and gore aspect of the holiday begins to play a larger role. However, watching themed movies once the leaves start falling will never grow old. For those wanting to get into the spirit of the holiday, here is a list of Halloween movies for the nostalgic and the horror lovers. Childhood Classics READ MORE