Midterm Week Chic: Never Let ’em See You Sweat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

At the beginning of each semester, the classroom looks like a New York runway. Students return to school with entirely new wardrobes and a renewed sense of confidence. But after a few weeks, students start sacrificing style for comfort. Villanova Wildcats are no strangers to The North Face, UGGs and leggings look, especially during midterms week. Odds are that you’ll be running on empty, so who cares what kind of outfit you have on? YOU should care! Fashion is a form of self-expression. What type of message are you sending during midterms week?

The best part about midterms week is that it falls smack dab in the beginning of Autumn, the best season for fashion and style. It may be easier to throw on a pair of sweatpants and run out of the door, but taking pride in your appearance can go a long way! You may feel worn out on the inside but like the old saying goes, never let ‘em see you sweat, or in this case, never let ‘em see you in sweats! You’ll stand out for your stylish outfits and receive plenty of compliments on your way to your major exams. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t appreciate a nice compliment?

We’ve come up with some cute and casual outfits to inspire Villanova’s Midterm Fashionistas!

This outfit is perfect for a girl who loves her comfortable sweaters. The neutral color balances out the colored jeans and provides a stylish yet conservative look. Burgundy is in this season so there’s no doubt that these jeans scream fashionista!

[pagebreak]

College women definitely love their leggings! As long as they are worn the right way, leggings provide just as much comfort as sweatpants with way more style! Dress up your leggings with a jean tunic and colored scarf. Ankle boots with a low heel dress up the outfit while also providing length to your legs.
[pagebreak]

Having a bad hair day? Cover up your mane with a cute beanie! This outfit provides both fashion and warmth for those windy days. Wearing earth tones can also relax your state of mind, especially on the day of a big test!
[pagebreak]

This outfit is another reason to pull and all-nighter! Arrive at your last midterm in style and be ready to go out for celebrations right after! This simple, button-up shirt is very comfortable and can spruce up any outfit. The studded shoes give the outfit an edgy look and are perfect for going to class or a night out on the town!

You deserve to look your best at all times, no matter how you may feel inside. Swap those sweatpants for a pair of cute jeans and conquer your midterms like we know you can!

Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.