Meet the Exec Board: President and Editor-In-Chief Courtney Milton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Next up is our President and Editor-in-Chief–Courtney Milton.

Basics

Hometown: Hackettstown, NJ

Major: Communication with a specialization in Public Relations

Position: President and Editor-in-Chief

What do you do with your position?

“I direct and manage all events, publicity, social media, and content of the Her Campus here at Villanova. I also manage, edit, and fact check all online content that is uploaded. I also write written content weekly!”

Why did you decide to join Her Campus?

“I joined Her Campus because I have always loved to write and I wanted a way to incorporate my writing skills while empowering college-aged women here at Villanova and across the nation.”

Why would you encourage others to join Her Campus?

“I would encourage others to join Her Campus in order to gain real world experience, to express themselves in a unique and creative way, and to empower their female classmates through their contributions to Her Campus.”

What else are you involved with?

“This semester, I am involved in the production of a social justice documentary based on a non-profit organization in Camden, New Jersey. I am also an active member of LEVEL, a club on campus whose goal is to level the playing field between able-bodied and disabled students here at Villanova. I am also an active member of Alpha Phi.

Favoirte restaurant near campus:

“Sushiland, hands down. My friends and I go there at least once a week.”

Favorite item of clothing in your closet:

“I am obsessed with clothes, shoes, and bags so this is a hard one for me. I don’t know if I can pick just one item of clothing! But I guess I would have to say that my favorite item of clothing is this super simple and classic Lilly Pulitzer slip dress I got a couple of years ago. Of course it has a bright and bold pattern on it, but I just love it because I can dress it up for work with wedges and a statement necklace or dress it down with a pair of Tory Burch flip-flops for the beach or class. If you look at my Instagram or Facebook, I bet you can find me wearing this dress on different occasions!”

Favorite TV show:

“Nothing beats an old-school episode of Friends!”

Favorite song:

“At this moment, it is a close tie between Closer and Broccoli. But my all time favorite song is Ophelia by the Lumineers.”

Favorite holiday: 

My favorite holiday is Christmas. On Christmas Eve, my Dad makes the traditional Italian seven fish dinner. My grandmother comes over and we spend the entire night eating delicious Italian food and listening to Christmas music. On Christmas, I spend the entire day with family and that night we have our annual sleepover with my little cousins. We all pile in sleeping bags and air mattresses and stay up all night. It is the best time of the year!”

What is your favorite thing about Villanova? 

“I just love everything about this university.” -Ryan Arcidiacono

“Seriously, I love everything about Villanova and what it stands for. I love the sense of community we have here on campus, the passion to serve the community, and the desire in every student and faculty member to make this world a better place. And how could I not love our basketball team? I love that we are National Champions and that we will go back to back this year!” 

Who is your celebrity crush?

“Since my favorite movie is The Notebook, it has to be Ryan Gosling! 

What is your guilty pleasure?

“Binge watching all the old Sex and the City TV episodes.”

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

“I want to be living and working in New York City for a big Public Relations firm or for Vogue. I also want to be travelling as much as possible with my amazing group of friends.”

Rising sophomore at Villanova University pursuing a Major in Communication.